Subject: Hit-Bonuses for Defenders rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcel Heymuth
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hej folks!

Just played a little and EEvould is just great. Though we (my friend and i) couldnt find the answer to a problem:

If, for example, Metz is attacked by the Germans from
Baden, Rhineland and Pas de Calais, does the river-Hit-bonus apply to all of the attacking units?

Or do we have to divide the attackers into different groups? If so, can the thrower decide which dice will be allocated to which unit (e.g. if you got a double Hit bonus for the maginot you allocate all the 4s and 5s to the units that entered Metz by Maginot and all the 6s to the units that entered by Belgium?

Please help us

arrrh

DonRatatosk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Smith
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
The rule seems fairly clear "the defending Ground Units receive a hit bonus against the unit type(s) that crossed". So if you crossed a river with one infantry unit, all infantry units are susceptible to the bonus whether they crossed the river or not.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the rules I hated about this game, but Ben's got the right of it. Here's hoping Sturm Europa works out better for my Grand Strategic jones!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Harding
United Kingdom
Cardiff
Wales
flag msg tools
If it worries you, play with the bonus only applying against the units that crossed the river and require the defender to fire one block at a time until all the units that crossed are gone. This will slow down combat resolution and rarely have significant effect (presuming the attacker is still required to lose full strength steps from non-crossed blocks) which is probably why it's not the standard system.

I'm not sure why this arouses ire; it's exactly the same level of simplification as many other games use, just with the bit flipped so the defender gains some advantage from a partial river crossing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.