Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: NEED HELP: Cards or dice for boss attack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hey guys!

What would you prefer, a mechanic in which you draw a card from a deck and it tells you what kind of damage the boss does to you or your group or dice rolling, in which the rolled number corresponds to a certain action on the boss card?

I could save up to 50 cards by putting an action list on the boss cards, but on the other side.. it might be easier to just draw a card.

So, input?

Much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Got two game tables and a microphone
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer a dice roll...but it really depends on the type of game. If you want a lot of interaction, go for dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sweeney
United States
Clinton Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a BIG fan of dice. You can make requests of the Gods, make funny comments, use facial gestures - all in an effort to influence your or your opponents die rolls. It brings you into the game more than the random draw of a card. Some of my best stories are when I had amazing streaks of die rolls OR when I my opponent did.... Never had any "card drawing fool" stories....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This Guy
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Why not do both. Draw a card and do a dice orgy depending on what the card says?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sweeney
United States
Clinton Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aetheros wrote:
Why not do both. Draw a card and do a dice orgy depending on what the card says?

Quote gulp Unquote

Why not stand, quote a limerick, rub your tummy or do other obscene card required acrobatics.... Dice, Only Dice, I say Dice away!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristiano Cozzolino
Italy
Roma
RM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dice is the easiest way but much depends on the whole game mechanics. Do you already use dice for other actions or will be the only action that will need the use of dice. To be clear: if you already use dice in the game go for dice also in this case, if this action is the only one that will force dice roll than maybe you can choose another way .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.