Popular Tags: [View All]
Javier Dropez
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
designer
I would rather be here
badge
Auda will come to Aqaba because it is his pleasure...
mbmbmbmbmb
Game rules are contradictory: In the "injuries" section of the Hunting rules it says "Strong characters are hurt less often", that is, the strength modifiers also modify the injured results in the Hunting Table. But in the "3" result of the Hunting Table ("Severe injury") it states "become average if strong", and this result (3) would be impossible to get with a plus one modifier for strong characters, 4 would be the minimum result for a strong character.

So we have three options:

1.- Strength modifiers do not modify the injured results (3 to 6). So, 3 to 6 die roll results are always "natural" die rolls.

2.- Strength modifiers modify the injured results: strong characters may never get a "severe injury".

I personally do not like this option. I think this should be discarded for unrealistic and because the designer's intentions were clearly towards strong characters also having the possibility of becoming average through an injury.

3.- Strength modifiers apply to the injured results except when a 3 is rolled.

Any comments?

EDIT: Game Designer Steve Jackson has kindly answered my question. Until the new edition appears (mine is second printing, April 2000), Steve says option 1 is best for him. From his words I suppose the new edition (still in the works) will change the current rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.