6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Any interest in real world map war game on iPhone? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: iPhone [+] [View All]
Paul Thorsteinston
msg tools
Hi folks,
I have been a long time lurker here at boardgamegeeks but never posted (although my dad does quite a bit). Being an avid gamer (currently learning Lords of the Sierra Madre) and a programmer, my buddies and I made a game called 'Own This World' for the iPhone. Here is a short description, I would like to hear fellow gamers opinions about the concept:

Want to rule the world? There’s an app for that! Back in the good old days explorers would roam the world and claim land on behalf of their home country. These days, everything is taken. No longer! We have decided the world is free for claiming again using this app. Own This World is a geo-dependent online game (GDOG) that allows you to take over territory based on your current location. Your rank in the world climbs as you claim territory and if you have the most you are crowned the ruler of the World. Owning territories allows you to accumulate resources (gold, manpower, food & supplies) which in turn allows you to attack other users in your current territory. Compete against the entire world or buy your own personal world for you and your friends. What are you waiting for, buy this app, claim your community and fulfill your destiny!

iTunes link if interested: itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/own-this-world/id344905169?mt=8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As great as the App might be, but honestly: I'm sick of hearing IPhone here, IPhone there ..
There are plenty of other mobiles out there and noone cares for those
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M·ANTONIVS·M·F·M·N
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Mein Luftkissenfahrzeug ist voller Aale
mbmbmbmbmb
Other mobiles?

iPhone rocks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Thorsteinston
msg tools
Nothing against other phones, we might make an Android or BB version one day, but the iPhone offers a nice SDK, lots of examples and a well developed marketplace to put your app into.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah .. I understand WHY Apps are made for the IPhone .. But it's nonetheless disAPPointing ..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Simpson

California
msg tools
designer
publisher
Quote:
But it's nonetheless disAPPointing ..

I see what you did there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.