• [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Meeks
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not believe so. Going from memory here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules posted on http://ccancients.net I'd say no. It says baggage wagons aren't unit, so it won't provide support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leaders by themselves also are not a unit, but a rule specifically says they offer support. I don't think wagons do offer support either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:
Leaders by themselves also are not a unit, but a rule specifically says they offer support. I don't think wagons do offer support either.

Yeah, the comparison to leaders in the rulebook is what thew us off. My opponent had a lone light cavalry between two baggage wagons. My archers rolled a flag that would send him off the board for the win. After a lot of rationalizing pro and con, we opted for no support. Be nice to have an official ruling, though.

Thanks for the responses.

E
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't fathom much rationale "pro" a wagon providing support.

The rules very specifically state that a Leader-- tho not a unit-- can provide support.

The description of wagons says "resembles a Leader" in terms of how they are activated to move.

Short of an official ruling that says they DO provide support, I don't find any grounds for extrapolating that wagons provide support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel [working on TENNISmind]
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
Had the same question yesterday, found some arguments for and against during a few minutes with the rulebook, and finally concluded that they do not provide support... Well, a explicit sentence would have saved me a few minutes, but it is no big deal!

BTW, the "flat" players, how do you put a unit in a Wagon hex?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ever a definitive answer for this? In hindsight, the comparison to the leader was likely a bad choice, unless friendly units must stop on them during retreats, and the do provide support. Seems to me that is not the intention, but would be nice to hear/see "yes" or "no".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.