Subject: Xenomorph Assassin (XA) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Pix
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card text says: "Cards discarded (or flipped) by damage dealt by the XA are randomly selected (You select who suffers the damage).

My questions:

1) What does "randomly selected" means here? It would be random if I roll a dice, I think...
2) I thought the team can always select who suffers the damage, so why "You select..."

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I think it means that you still select the character taking the damage (as always), but rather than choosing which cards of her are flipped/discarded, you pick them at random (e.g. rolling a die, or shuffling those few cards to draw blindly between them).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Pix
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this would make sense. In this case the text in parentheses ("You select...") is misleading, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Ash nazg durbatulûk
badge
#YOLO!
mbmbmbmbmb
We use a die to determine that (i.e. giving the members numbers and then rolling a d6).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Leistiko
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Marco,

The previous posters have the correct answers, but I'm going to answer anyway, just so it's perfectly clear.

Calpurnio wrote:
1) What does "randomly selected" means here? It would be random if I roll a dice, I think...
You pick who takes the damage, but the player who's taking the damage does not pick which character cards take the damage. Instead, randomly choose which of that player's character cards take the damage. Randomly choose for each point of damage. Rolling a die is a good way to randomize the selection.

Calpurnio wrote:
2) I thought the team can always select who suffers the damage, so why "You select..."
To make it clear that you still pick who gets damaged. If that parenthetical statement was not there, we suspected that some players would be confused about whether they got to pick who is taking the damage.

Also, to distinguish it from the Xenomorph Queen. The Xenomorph Queen damages a randomly selected player (you don't pick who takes the damage).

Thank you for asking. I hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Pix
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
invisiblejon wrote:
I hope this helps!
It does. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.