Keith Schramek
United States
Gridley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just got this game for Christmas and am totally up for playing it. I just need one simple thing clarified. If I need $2000-$4000 to lay track and $30,000 to complete the Western Link and $10,000 to upgrade my engine, then why I am only able to gain, looks like a max of $23.00 when I am gaining income from delivering loads? I understand that I can issue Bonds, but if that is the way that I make money then why bother delivering? What am I missing?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
Every monetary value in the game is in thousands.

I've never really figured out why they abbreviated it in some places and not in others. It's a pretty minor grievance however... you will find many MANY more things to complain about in this game! ;) (But I still love it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Schramek
United States
Gridley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ahhh...that makes way more sense. I now feel slightly stupid.blush

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Parrott
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The score track issue aside, delivering cubes is the primary way to score victory points, the other being completing the bonus routes. If you don't deliver cubes, you won't win the game. Money is a secondary issue as it is a tool to enhance your ability to deliver more cubes longer distances and acquire bonuses for victory points.

And yes all money references are in denominations of thousands despite the lack of zeroes on some numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.