Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Descent: The Road to Legend» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fatigue & Power Dice, Fleeing and more questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yeray García
Spain
flag msg tools
Hi. 1) The RTL rulebook state that heroes can't upgrade more than 3 dice to silver at copper level and none to gold. But does it apply to boosts from fatigue and power potions also? I really don't know, because at page 24 section "Upgrading Power Dice With Fatigue During Play" it says

Quote:
For example, after making an attack roll, a hero could spend 3 fatigue to add an extra gold die to the attack


Here doesn't mention any restriction.

BTW is the level's restriction applied to monsters? During an encounter for example, a lieutenant can spend a lot of threat to add power dice boosts.


2) I read somewhere that when the heroes exit a dungeon they recover their fatigue, but does it also apply when they flee from a dungeon?

3) When the group of heroes end their movement on a dungeon area that is unexplored they receive one conquest point. Do they have to enter it or not to receive the point?

In case the answer is no, how do you write it in the campaing sheet? Because AFAIK you only note the current level and mark with an X a explored dungeon. Could they enter in they dungeon few weeks later or they only have that oportunity?

In case the answer is yes, if the heroes later in the campaign end their movement in the same location do they earn another conquest point?


4) How many rumours can the party have in a week (i know is just 1 at the same time)?. For example if they dont like the first one, can other hero go to the tavern and change the actual rumour?

I don't have the game in english, but there is a rumour named something like "Nothing new". What happens if that rumour is drawn? At the flavour text it says there are no more rumours for the week, but as flavour text are not rules, could a heroes go to the tavern and draw a new rumour card?

5) The kerak map, the boat and that staff which allow to move twice are available to buy since the beginning of the campaign or the heroes have to do something first?

6) If the group perform a Recuperate/Train action, a hero could restore all their wounds and fatige just paying 50 coins even if they are on a dungeon location or a secret master trainer?

thanks for reading,

by3z!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Fatigue & Power Dice, Fleeing etc
b0mber wrote:
1) The RTL rulebook state that heroes can't upgrade more than 3 dice to silver at copper level and none to gold. But does it apply to boosts from fatigue and power potions also? I really don't know, because at page 24 section "Upgrading Power Dice With Fatigue During Play" it says

Quote:
For example, after making an attack roll, a hero could spend 3 fatigue to add an extra gold die to the attack


Here doesn't mention any restriction.

BTW is the level's restriction applied to monsters? In a encounter for example, a lieutenant can spend a lot of threat to add power dice boosts.

The limit is for permanent upgrades for the heroes. The heroes may upgrade a single attack to any level of dice using fatigue and power potions. The normal restriction of 5 power dice for any single attack still holds. A Lt. would have the same restriction. And by the way, I don't think any encounter will last long enough for a Lt to save enough threat for one massive fully upgraded attack.

b0mber wrote:
2) I read somewhere that when the heroes exit a dungeon they recover their fatigue, but does it also apply when they flee from a dungeon?

Yes. From the FAQ:
Quote:
Q: Under what circumstances can the heroes trade items, drink potions, and recover fatigue?
A: In addition to the normal in-dungeon rules for trading, drinking and resting, any time the hero party is on the overland Terrinoth map, they may freely trade items and drink any number of potions. They also are restored to full fatigue as soon as they end any quest, be it dungeon or encounter.


b0mber wrote:
3) When the group of heroes end their movement on a dungeon area that is unexplored they receive one conquest point. Do they have to enter it or not to receive the point?

No, they do not have to enter the dungeon to receive the conquest for finding the dungeon.

b0mber wrote:
In case the answer is no, how do you write it in the campaing sheet? Because AFAIK you only note the current level and mark with an X a explored dungeon.

Personally, I mark an X on the sheet and then fill in the X after they explore the dungeon. Just find a system that works for you. It's just record keeping.

b0mber wrote:
4) How many rumours can the party have in a week?. For example if they dont like the first one, can other hero go to the tavern and change the actual rumour?

I can't find anything that limits the number of heroes that can go to the tavern to get rumors. So, I would say that yes, they can get multiple rumors in one week. However, only one can be active at a time. So I would resolve them sequentially. i.e. One hero buy a rumor and the party decides on if they want it or not. Once they decide, the next hero buys a rumor, etc.

b0mber wrote:
I don't have the game in english, but there is a rumour named something like "Nothing new". What happens if that rumour is drawn? At the flavour text it says there are no more rumours for the week, but as flavour text are not rules, could a heroes go to the tavern and draw a new rumour card?

Basically, that card say there are no rumors in the Tavern at the time. The heroes spent their gold buying everyone drinks but did not get any information. And no, that hero may not buy another rumor. Tough luck on their part. They will need to spend another week in town to buy another rumor.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
b0mber wrote:
5) The kerak map, the boat and that staff which allow to move twice are available to buy since the beginning of the campaign or the heroes have to do something first?

Those upgrades are available at the start of the campaign and may be bought in any city. Of course, they are pretty expensive for a new hero party.

b0mber wrote:
6) If the group perform a Recuperate/Train action, each hero could restore all their wounds and fatige just paying 50 coins even if they are on a dungeon location or a secret master trainer?

No for either case. Recuperate/Train Healing is only available at Temples in the cities. And the heroes may not choose that action when visiting Tamalir during a dungeon.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yeray García
Spain
flag msg tools
Thanks for your answers ^^

edroz wrote:


Yes. From the FAQ


I was understanding "their end" as "they succesfully complete" :P. It doesnt matter if they flee or if they kill the leader and get outside by the portal then.


edroz wrote:


Basically, that card say there are no rumors in the Tavern at the time. The heroes spent their gold buying everyone drinks but did not get any information. And no, that hero may not buy another rumor. Tough luck on their part. They will need to spend another week in town to buy another rumor.


But what about other hero?


edroz wrote:


No for either case. Recuperate/Train Healing is only available at Temples in the cities. And the heroes may not choose that action when visiting Tamalir during a dungeon.


I still don't get this one. Heroes may choose to do a Recuperate/Train action instead of movement. If they are in a city, a hero can go to the Temple and "Train" for 50 coins, recovering the fatigue and health.

But in the rulebook page 10 it says:

If a hero recuperates, he spends 50 coins and is restored to full
wounds and fatigue.


What's the point then for recuperate, if they can't do it outside a city?


Thanks again.

by3z!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
b0mber wrote:

edroz wrote:

Basically, that card say there are no rumors in the Tavern at the time. The heroes spent their gold buying everyone drinks but did not get any information. And no, that hero may not buy another rumor. Tough luck on their part. They will need to spend another week in town to buy another rumor.


But what about other hero?

If there were multiple heroes at the tavern buying rumors, they are handled independently. If the first hero gets "No News", the second (and third, etc) may try to buy a rumor as well. Maybe that hero will have better luck and buy a drink for someone who has a looser tongue.

b0mber wrote:

edroz wrote:

No for either case. Recuperate/Train Healing is only available at Temples in the cities. And the heroes may not choose that action when visiting Tamalir during a dungeon.


I still don't get this one. Heroes may choose to do a Recuperate/Train action instead of movement. If they are in a city, a hero can go to the Temple and "Train" for 50 coins, recovering the fatigue and health.

But in the rulebook page 10 it says:

If a hero recuperates, he spends 50 coins and is restored to full
wounds and fatigue.


What's the point then for recuperate, if they can't do it outside a city?

The heroes can only pay for healing at the Temple. They must be in a city for that. They cannot be outside the city and throw 50 gold under a bush and get healed. Why have the temples at all then if they can heal any time they want?

You'll have to ask FFG why they called that action "Train". I assume it was consistency sake.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yeray García
Spain
flag msg tools
Thanks again!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny timing, I was finally getting around to reading the Sea of Blood rules last night. It looks like FFG reworded the Train action and it seems much clearer now.

Sea of Blood rules, page 15
Quote:
Train Action
The party may only choose the Train action when in a city or Secret Master Area.

If a hero trains while the party is in a city, he goes to one of the buildings available in that city and follows the instructions for that building’s “train” circumstance. If a hero trains while the party is at a Secret Master Area, refer to the instructions under “Secret Training” on page 32.

Alternately, a hero may spend 50 coins while training at a Secret Master Area to be restored to full health and fatigue (similar to training at the Temple in a city).


Note no use of the "Recuperate" action and it specifically calls out that the heroes can only train in a city or master area.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.