C. J. Robinson
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
My wife, a non-gamer, but who is willing to indulge my hobby got me Railroad Tycoon for Christmas -- the full English version. I had been thinking of getting Railways of the World with any extra Christmas money, but my wife surprised me. I know that RotW has changed the map (smaller and an additional New York connection), few rules and has new operations cards. What do I need to do to upgrade RrT? Or do I even need to bother?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Palladin wrote:
My wife, a non-gamer, but who is willing to indulge my hobby got me Railroad Tycoon for Christmas -- the full English version. I had been thinking of getting Railways of the World with any extra Christmas money, but my wife surprised me. I know that RotW has changed the map (smaller and an additional New York connection), few rules and has new operations cards. What do I need to do to upgrade RrT? Or do I even need to bother?

Eagle/FRED is selling the newer maps individually:
http://www.eaglegames.net/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=EGL...
http://www.eaglegames.net/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=EGL...

But, by the time you buy those maps at $40 you're close to the going rate of $48 for Railways of the World.

Personally, I would put money towards Railways of England and Wales and Railways of Europe first (in that order). Both expansions are 100% compatible with RRT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say no need to bother, RRT on its own is just fine.

Get expansions like Europe or England down the road after you've played it multiple times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.