Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Cousins
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have been playing 5/6 player Catan weekly for two years now, and really enjoy this game. As a result, we have gradually added extra features to the game and have developed some "favourite" game layouts. I have documented the changes and layouts on my Website at http://www.johnnycruiser.com/games_catan.php. Anyone is most welcome to take any ideas/graphics from the Website. You may or may not like the additions we have made depending on the type of game you like to play. Our own preferences are as follows:

* we are there to play Catan for the evening, so prefer a longer game (2 hours or so)

* we always play Cities & Knights, often combined with Seafarers

* we prefer co-operative play rather than attacking play, so have made changes to lessen the impact of the robber and barbarians

* we don't like to have a congested layout where players are running into each other a lot, so we use "big" layouts

* we generally play to 15 or 16 points and have added additional ways to pick up victory points

* in order to make the game more interesting, we have created some layouts that take some careful thinking in order to obtain a balance of resource types

If your preferences are similar to ours, then you will like the additions.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guzy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cool website. Does your whole family play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cousins
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chris. Yes. My son and his girlfriend and my daughter and her husband all live nearby, so we get together every Sunday for dinner and a board game or two. My wife isn't really into games, but she will sometimes play too. So we normally have 5 players, occasionally 6. Our favorite game is Catan, although we seem to squeeze in a lot of Ticket to Ride as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.