United States
Muskegon
Michigan
flag msg tools
The Gaming Annex in Muskegon
badge
The Muskegon Area Gamers
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed some things about Domaine after having played it several times now. 1. The last domaine created can often be quite valuable since it includes all the left over spaces. 2. Not having the right type of action card when you need it can be a annoying. 3. Sometimes it feels like the game is just starting to get interesting when the game is over.

While I like Domaine quite a bit, I think these problems are felt by other Domaine enthusiasts. So I came up with a variant.

Taking an idea from Game of Thrones expansion, I've added "one time orders". These orders can be played in lieu of playing a regular card.

At game start, all players will receive one of each of the OTO cards. Here are the four One Time Orders:

Players may play one of these one time orders instead of playing/selling one of their hand cards. When playing a OTO, players choose which action they of the four actions they want to activate, paying the appropriate cost. Some cards give players the option of collecting ducats or victory points.

This variant will add to the length of the game since players will have more actions at their disposal. But this additional play time should not be very significant.

What these OTO will do is: put a copy of all of the action cards into each players' hands. If you can manage your cards right, you can simply cash these OTO's in for bonus ducats or victory. However, if you need a specific action at a critical time--the action is available to you (at least once during the game!)

Let me know what you guys think!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Regulski
United Kingdom
LEEDS
ENGLAND
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The idea seems sound { pictures not coming up though...}
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.