Tony Allen
United States
Grand Prairie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
and my wife and I are addicted to it!

Target, $200, came with a $30 gift card & Wii Sports.

Man! This thing is FUN! Why did we wait so long? That motion sensor tech is way cool allowing us to play the games with realistic whole body movements. I love the physical activity that the Wii requires. All the games on the Wii Sports are great. My daughter likes Boxing the best, when we let her play. Sorry, sweetpea. You must wait your turn. Daddy gotsa beat Momma at Tennis first. Yeah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Hopefully moving back to Colorado again soon. Here we go family, next new adventure!
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to new loss of all free time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A Hike!
mbmbmbmbmb
Get the Wii FIT+ too. Pretty neat stuff on that as well. We just Wii'd ourselves this Christmas as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The wii is fun! Enjoy your new found gaming and just ask if you want recommendations on other Wii games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
matthew.marquand wrote:
Get the Wii FIT+ too. Pretty neat stuff on that as well. We just Wii'd ourselves this Christmas as well.

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Allen
United States
Grand Prairie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rappak wrote:
The wii is fun! Enjoy your new found gaming and just ask if you want recommendations on other Wii games.

Recommend away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tada wrote:
Rappak wrote:

Recommend away.

The basics are pretty easy. If you like Wii Sports, then get Wii Sports Resort as well. (Can't say the same for Wii Play which has mixed reviews at best.)

Mario Kart Wii makes for some excellent family racing fun, particularly since you turn the controller like a steering wheel.

If you like golf, I would highly recommend Tiger Woods, though you may want to wait for next year's version for the infidelity mini games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
I got Wii Sports Resort. Great games! I already had a Motion plus from Tiger Woods 2009.

My family and I are having a great time. Wakeboarding, swordfighting, flying etc etc. All fun and competitive.

I can highly recommend getting one of the Boom Blox games also. great fun in a group setting or alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
(Can't say the same for Wii Play which has mixed reviews at best.)

those games aren't the best, but if you plan to get another wii remote, then it's a pretty good deal to get it as a bundle with Wii Play. I think it's currently going for about $45 on amazon and a wii remote lists for about $40 by itself
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
erak wrote:
(Can't say the same for Wii Play which has mixed reviews at best.)

those games aren't the best, but if you plan to get another wii remote, then it's a pretty good deal to get it as a bundle with Wii Play. I think it's currently going for about $45 on amazon and a wii remote lists for about $40 by itself

What J said. The cow racing and the air hockey are worth the extra $10 (at most) that you'll pay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Through The Ages
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We got our son one for Christmas. We've been having an absolute blast with Band Hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Allen
United States
Grand Prairie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jdberry wrote:
We got our son one for Christmas. We've been having an absolute blast with Band Hero.

My daughter got hooked on Rock Band at BGG.Con '09. What's the difference in Band Hero, Rock Band, Guitar Hero, etc. and are they available for the Wii?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
We got the Sports Resort for Christmas, and are having a blast. My son and I did swordfighting against each other - which allowed me to get a laugh with "Truman, I'm your father. You don't know the power of the Dark Side!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tada wrote:
jdberry wrote:

My daughter got hooked on Rock Band at BGG.Con '09. What's the difference in Band Hero, Rock Band, Guitar Hero, etc. and are they available for the Wii?

Hey! I can chip in here.

First off, they're all available for Wii.

Guitar Hero is awesome, but is typically more difficult. Is guilty of "overcharting" notes as well as switching you between instruments (one minute you're on rythym, suddenly on lead, mixing them together.) The most challenging of the series, still fun, but definitely aims for the 'hardcore' crowd seemingly.

Rock Band is a little more forgiving, mostly because it generally doesn't overchart...meaning fewer notes (typically.) Other than that there is little difference, although I've noticed that the "window" for hitting notes is also often more forgiving.

(Side note: Avoid Rock Band 1 on the Wii. A real piece of shovelware and there are compatibility issues with other manufacturer's instruments.)

Band Hero is a family-friendly version of Guitar Hero. Easier on average, more "pop" selections. Aimed for a younger/more casual crowd.

My recommendation for the music plunge? Pick up a Guitar Hero kit, full version, drums and everything. Guitar Hero World Tour is a great choice. Then, get Rock Band 2 with guitar. Plenty of rockin' fun, you'll have a choice between the two styles of instruments for guitar (I prefer GH, several others prefer Rock Band's). You'll have two guitars, drum kit, microphone, and two games packed with great songs. If you want a family friendlier deal, instead of Rock Band 2 get Band Hero and an extra guitar of your choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
Sinister Dexter wrote:
My son and I did swordfighting against each other...

I'm pleasantly surprised that there is so much strategy and skill involved in this.

The advantage to be gained by blocking an attack leads to some tense standoffs while waiting for an opening or impatience to set in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.