Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In this thread, I had proposed a that there be a new role, that would pick who is governor for the next turn. The thread is here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/476687/having-the-govern...

It was stated that this would end up messing up the game, and it was proposed that the prospector be given this ability instead. I then suggested it be made another role completely, and looking over San Juan, I suggest now the name "Councillor" for that role. As per the other thread, the Councillor would work as follows:
Player who picks this new role gets to go before the governor the next round, and the role is something else besides a Prospector, and it accumulates money if not selected, like any other role.

As a bit more detail, I will add that it would work that whomever selects Councillor would end up holding onto the Councillor until every other player returned their role to the pool that has roles in it, and the Governor passes to the next player. The player then selects another role (besides Councillor) and they return the Councillor role to the pool of roles for people to select. By doing this, a player is not able to select the Councillor two turns in a row. I would argue it is potentially pointless for a player to do this. However, if people want to disagree with this, please speak up.

Feedback is welcomed here, along with another suggestion for the name. A motivation for this is to have something besides the prospector in the game (particularly if there would be two prospectors).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think another much needed role would be: Change in turn direction. That way you can eliminate the dreaded "sit to my left" situation. Maybe the councillor might have this role also?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Myoman wrote:
I think another much needed role would be: Change in turn direction. That way you can eliminate the dreaded "sit to my left" situation. Maybe the councillor might have this role also?

I originally proposed it being that the starting player change instead of this, but was said that would make the game far too random.

I did try the change the turn direction in Galactic Emperor, and found that change the turn direction resulted in TOO many turns passing. But, if you feel it would be useful, then maybe you can propose a role like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.