Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to me that the highest possible score in the Family Game would be 28 points. It would look something like this:

Rows: 3 x 4 = 12
Columns: 4 x 3 = 12
One-legged birds: 4 x 1 = 4

Since you can't have two scoring sets in the same row, to maximize your scoring you would need rows with birds of the same shape and colour, to earn four rather than three points per row. Also: since there are only four Zap tiles, which can be used once each, that could give an extra four points for four one-legged birds.

Granted, (a) it's highly unlikely that your opponents would Zap you every time, and (b) it's highly unlikely that the game wouldn't have ended earlier if you were the single player Zapped each time (although it is possible if other players cause Migrations instead of placing bird tiles themselves every turn). But theoretically, this seems to be the highest possible score for the Family Game - is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey Grayson
United States
Seaside
OR
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ender,

Yes, this is the highest possible score and you are also right that is very unlikely. Sort of like scoring 29 in Cribbage, another very unlikely event, but one I can truthfully say I have done once in my 30 years of playing the game.

Carey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.