Tom Russell
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I finally finished playing the my first FoF game. It was fun, expect to see a write-up soon. I'm sure I screwed up a lot of things, but I do have a couple of questions based on stuff that came up in my game.

1.) Enemy snipers set up at Max LOS -- can they take advantage of Hills or Multi-story buildings in order to be as far from the triggering unit but keep LOS on them? I suspect the answer is yes.

2.) Bazooka teams -- they have the power to make G! attacks, but they have to draw for it (basically, they seem to get a special type of grenade attack). Do they have a "regular" VOF when not using their bazookas? Must they always try to make a bazooka attack? My guess is that unless you order the bazooka to make their special grenade attack, they've got a S (small arms) VOF and that's what they normally use.

3.) Enemy units automatically shift fire according to the guidelines in the rules? I'm pretty sure they can even though my guys have to be ordered to stop shooting at nothing. Can't be too easy now, can it?

4.) Thanks to modifiers, you number of commands can be reduced to 0, correct? I assume this is true because of 1/0 cards I saw...after assuming for most of the game that command units always got at least 1 command. Oops.

Thanks in advance for any help on this stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Questions from my first game
Quote:
1.) Enemy snipers set up at Max LOS -- can they take advantage of Hills or Multi-story buildings in order to be as far from the triggering unit but keep LOS on them? I suspect the answer is yes.

Hills, yes. Multi-story buildings, no. Enemy units do not use multi-story buildings.

Quote:
2.) Bazooka teams -- they have the power to make G! attacks, but they have to draw for it (basically, they seem to get a special type of grenade attack). Do they have a "regular" VOF when not using their bazookas? Must they always try to make a bazooka attack? My guess is that unless you order the bazooka to make their special grenade attack, they've got a S (small arms) VOF and that's what they normally use.

Bazooka teams only have the G! rating. They do not have a 'regular' VoF until they run out of ammo and are flipped to their Fire Team side.

Quote:
3.) Enemy units automatically shift fire according to the guidelines in the rules? I'm pretty sure they can even though my guys have to be ordered to stop shooting at nothing. Can't be too easy now, can it?

Right. They follow their priorities, and they'll shift when the Enemy Activity Hierarchy tells them to do so. You have to assume that your counterpart is issuing orders to them - they have a company commander, too. .

Quote:
4.) Thanks to modifiers, you number of commands can be reduced to 0, correct? I assume this is true because of 1/0 cards I saw...after assuming for most of the game that command units always got at least 1 command. Oops.

Definitely true. Unfortunately, it often happens that you come up with 0 commands at the most inopportune times...

Hope this helps.

Ricky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fabbro
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to 4.1.2, an "HQ activated by a higher HQ gets a minimum of one command regardless of modifiers. When drawing for initiative, the modified total of commands may be zero."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Great! thanks for all the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.