5 Posts

Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: Vassal 3.1.12 or 3.1.13? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Vassal 3.1.13 was released about three weeks ago, but at their website, 3.1.12 is the current download.
So it's back to 3.1.12 for now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I can tell, the good people responsible for releasing VASSAL updates are not the same people who update the website, and the website tends to get out of date.

Bookmarking the VASSAL Sourceforge page is the reliable way to see the latest and greatest version, since that's where all the hyperlinks lead when an update is announced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Miller
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, when yu run Vassal, it checks for the current version. If your version is not the latest, it will ask you if you wish to update it. If you say yes, it will take you to the above mentioned site as well.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Uckelman
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoelCFC25 wrote:
As far as I can tell, the good people responsible for releasing VASSAL updates are not the same people who update the website, and the website tends to get out of date.

That's exactly right. I do releases, Rodney updates the site. Rodney's been busy lately, so the site doesn't get updated so promptly these days. That will be solved soon when we move to our new site, as then I'll be able to update the site whenever a release happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.