6 Posts

Doom: The Boardgame» Forums » Rules

Subject: Official rules modification? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Nanninga
msg tools
mb
In browsing forum posts related to balancing the game in the marines' favor, I saw a mention of an "official" addendum to the rules from FFG that changes a few things.

Does anyone know where I can find this? Note that I know there are some different rules in the expansion, but I'm not going to be purchasing that yet. What I'm talking about is an errata/update for the base game.

I also know many people will be ready to explain one or more of the rule changes right here in this post, which is definitely helpful. What I'd really like, though, is to find the "official" version to read for myself. Is it here in the files section? (I didn't see anything like that.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Firewind
msg tools
Go to FantasyFlightGames.com and look up Doom, then go to the game's support page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nanninga
msg tools
mb
Check. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far, I'm having good luck getting the game fairly balanced with some of FFG's official mods. I won a 2-Marine game yesterday, but only after they'd explored every room and made it to within sight of the exit door. I've only played scenario 1 though, and I'm pretty sure that's the easiest one in the base game. Looking at the later scenarios, they appear tougher and I'm thinking they might need some tweaking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Firewind
msg tools
Scenario 3 is pretty difficult, they have to race the clock through hoards of already on the board minions. If you have a devious Invader, you'll lose by frags or time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Firewind127 wrote:
Scenario 3 is pretty difficult, they have to race the clock through hoards of already on the board minions. If you have a devious Invader, you'll lose by frags or time

IMO, the most difficult part is actually reaching the first scientist in time. First to second is a short trip, from second to trird even shorter. One 2x2 Invader in the long corridors between start and the first scientist area could buy the Invader player all the time he needs to run the clock out. If you get 2 Big 'Uns out, ouch devil .

Though have to say, Scenario 3 is my personal favourite, mainly because of the time pressure involved in the early part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.