Subject: Brakes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason McFarland
United States
Shelton
Washington
flag msg tools
I can use brakes anytime during my move, correct? So, for example, I'm at Speed 12 and I'm out of steering points. A wall is at space 12, I could use a brake point to reduce my speed to 11 and be able to end my movement before I hit the wall, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Sleight
United States
Florence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, you are correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. You have to use your brakes before you roll for your steering points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howitzer is correct. You use the brakes to reduce speed rapidly before rolling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason McFarland
United States
Shelton
Washington
flag msg tools
thanks. thats actually what I thought. I'm guessing brakes don't get used a whole lot in this game, huh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blkdymnd wrote:
thanks. thats actually what I thought. I'm guessing brakes don't get used a whole lot in this game, huh?

If you accelerate really fast to get through a straight section, then you might need to use a lot of brakes to get through a curvy section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Mays
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blkdymnd wrote:

They don't necessarily get used often, but they can sometimes be used a lot in a very short time. Last night, my son quite effectively ramped up his speed (to dangerous levels) in order to put a good deal of distance between himself and the rest of us, then rounding the final turn (right before the tile with all the median dividers), he braked massively, giving him the control he needed when he needed and leaving the rest of us in a situation where we had to accelerate (ultimately too much) in order to try and catch him before the finish line.

End result, two of us crashed and burned trying to catch up in an area where we needed too many lane changes and the third player so far behind she was unable too get anywhere near him.

OTOH, my son won the race but didn't use a single weapon the entire game, how is that fun?

I much prefer entering a hazardous tile just before the finish line with no structural integerity left due to the exchanging of blows and then slamming face first into a wall or divider.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.