Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tuuli Mustasydän
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is the most unexpected place in which you found a game you thought "lost" in your collection?

Here's what happened for me just an hour ago:

Where, oh where...is my copy of Set?

My sister borrowed some of my games a number of years ago to use in a group tutoring thingy, and I haven't seen my copy of Set since. I know my sister had returned it and it's at my parents' house, and now that I'm learning to be a math teacher, I thought I'd dig around and try to find it.

It wasn't on my games shelf (the "good stuff" is at my dorm):

...maybe my sister left it in her room.

It wasn't there either.

Wait, let's look at that shelf again. Do you see it?

No?

Then I remembered that she'd bought a party game to use in the same tutoring group and had left it in my room when she was done with it. So it went on my shelf.

Aha!

And so...I found my Set set in a Things... Humour in a Box box!
laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Amstutz
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
Merry Christmas William
badge
It's a wee bit small, but it will have to do.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if he ain't gonna post it.............

I just today helped my buddy Erik,
Ricatoni
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

break into an old footlocker today. It was almost like a Dungeons&Dragons adventure. We bravely sallied forth into the dungeon (crawled under his house), fighting Giant Spiders and Plague Rats (got dusty, and a cobweb on my hat), to finally and heroically reach the treasure chest (an old Army footlocker), and fight our way to safety (drag it back out of the crawlspace). Then, after successfully making our detect and disarm traps rolls, we attempted to open the chest. Thanks to skill, daring, making our saving throws to detect and disarm traps (and a handy Dremel tool), we made short work of the hasp, and beheld our glorious haul. Along with an impressive, and very lethal looking, collection of cutlery, including, but not limited to: a Kukri, a Sykes-Fairbourne Commando knife, a WWI bayonet, a USMC K-Bar, and a one-of-a-kind custom made Tanto, lay gaming riches beyond imagining.
The trove included:

An almost complete set of still in shrinkwrap Metagaming Microgames, including the historical scenarios, and all the MicroQuests;

Shrinkwrapped boxes of the original version of Illuminati, plus all Expansions 1-3;

Shrinkwrapped original versions of Car Wars, plus Truck Stop, Boat Wars, and Sunday Drivers;

Shrinkwrapped original versions of Ogre, G.E.V., and Battlesuit;

Shrinkwrapped versions of several other Steve Jackson mini-games, including: Raid on Iran, Awful Green Things,
Necromancer, and One-Page Bulge;

non-shrink versions of several other Metagaming Microgames, including Black Hole, The Artifact, and Ice War;

non-shrink versions of several TSR mini-games, including: Attack Force, Icebergs, Revolt on Antares, and Vampyre.

Now, while these weren't technically lost, the footlocker had been under his house for years, and he had lost the key. And, when he actually found the key, the lock was broken, so they might as well have been lost.

Thanks to Erik's long-ago forethought to buy up all these games when the Gamekeeper chain went under, we now have our gaming fixes supplied for the next year!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricatoni
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dogzard & Dremel

Those two were the reality version of a D & D Adventure. ninja

This all started because Dogzard wanted to play Alert Force several monthes ago and I remembered I had it in a footlocker kept in storage. At the time we couldn't find the key...and we had to put off playing the game...and so the adventure began. arrrh

I was a geek with a Box of Many things that had not been accessed in over 12 years. shake

Dogzard and Dremel
MISSION
Your quest is to brave the dark dungeon, fight through the giant rats, and deadly spiders, find the Monastic Guardian with the treasure chest, use your abilities as a Chaotic Good Thief to get past the traps, and retrieve the treasures to the light of the gaming table to which they belong.

CONCLUSION
The Guardian was grateful and bequeathed a portion of the treasure to the D & D Adventurers.

We celebrated by breaking out BLACK HOLE, and playing that one out. Neat, neat, game with sometimes confusing mechanics, but really cool play. This should be polished up and reprinted. cool

On a more personal note...Dogzard is not just a gaming buddy, he is a cool human being and fun to be around...just ask the animals at the San Diego Zoo. Seriously though...cool human being...fun guy...shows up at my house with black bag of "tools" that would make any lock nervous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.