Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Hanzelman
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up Monmouth and was beginning to go through the first scenario.

I have a pretty basic question re: Assault. If Unit A successfully close assaults Unit B and advances into it's hex and THAT hex is adjacent to another unit would Unit A be required to assault it, as well?

In other words, could a unit engage in several assaults in a single phase?

Thanks,
Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Mageau
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Check out my blog at www.rollingboxcars.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hanzelmans wrote:
I just picked up Monmouth and was beginning to go through the first scenario.

I have a pretty basic question re: Assault. If Unit A successfully close assaults Unit B and advances into it's hex and THAT hex is adjacent to another unit would Unit A be required to assault it, as well?

In other words, could a unit engage in several assaults in a single phase?

Thanks,
Steve

Steve,

In short, No. A unit will never engage in multiple combats in a single turn. The reason for this is, prior to engaging in all combats, you must declare where you will conduct a combat and whith which units. You will also have to declare your diversion (if you are using one as well at this time. So, once all combats are declared, there can be no others.

If you end up in a situation as you have described, you are forcing your opponent to either move away from your units or engage your units in combat on thier next turn.

Hope that helps,
Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be clear, are you asking about "close combat"?

If so, then no (see the first response).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.