Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Running
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried this expansion just using the extra boards, the extra Gandalf cards and the Special Ability Cards? I don't really like the foes aspect much, but I like the idea of trying to get to Mordor through six boards. Is it playable that way or do you really need the foes for balance?

My guess is that it just might be too hard without the abilit to skip boards but I feel it could make the game more "epic".

Look forward to the various insights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I also wanted to do that, but the problem is that some events on the new boards are related to foes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems as if you were to use the boards from F&F but not the Foes themselves there would have to be some variations made.

Not trying to rule out the idea but I think there is some considerations to be made first.

The Battlefields expansion does make it tough to win - I have not tried using F&F and BF together yet - I think that will be really tough wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thijs Lauwbierkoffie
Netherlands
Amersfoort
Utrecht
flag msg tools
voor euro's en thematische spellen
badge
Kom spellen spelen bij het spelpaleis
mbmbmbmbmb
Instead of putting down foes, maybe forced to pay cards. And Sauron on 11 to make it hard enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.