BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Canada » British Columbia

Subject: Kelowna SCRABBLE® Club rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Matthews
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi all,

I saw a thread in here from earlier this year discussing the lack of board game clubs in Kelowna and the surrounding area, with Kamloops being the exception. I am a tournament Scrabble player (have been for over 6 years now) that has moved to the Kelowna area in the last 2 years. I miss being able to play at the Scrabble clubs that I played at in Calgary and Vancouver, and thanks to a recent connection with the Okanagan Regional Library and Project Literacy, I will be starting a Scrabble club in January at the downtown Kelowna location of the ORL. It does not cost anything. However, it is limited to 20 participants, so you will need to register with the library. That can be done by calling the library @ (250) 762-2800 or emailing Fern Teleglow (the head librarian) at fteleglow@orl.bc.ca.

The Kelowna SCRABBLE® Club will meet every Thursday evening, starting at 6:30 PM and going until approximately 9 PM. It will be held in the library's conference room. To avoid discrepancy, it will use the North American SCRABBLE Players Association OWL (Official Tournament and Club Word List) as the dictionary, and each game will last approximately 1 hour. For the month of January, I will be offering mini workshops for the first 1/2 hour of each session to teach basic Scrabble strategy, after which all players will have a chance to play 2 games.

If you have any questions, you can contact me either at jesse@jessematthews.com or by phone, (250) 575-7396. I would love to see some of you there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.