Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Langston
United States
Northfield
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be in Strasbourg on January 19th and 20th. Are there any game groups meeting within a few blocks of Place Kléber that are open to a visitor from the US?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Lisboa
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
that's just, like
badge
your opinion, man
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about gaming groups, but you should check out the very cool Philibert FLGS(12 Rue de la Grange - and they probably have some info too)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Langston
United States
Northfield
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found Philbert the last time I visited Strasbourg. Definitely a great FLGS. My hotel is right around the corner, so I'm sure that there will be some damage to my wallet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
desmodus
France
Bantzenheim
flag msg tools
badge
Die Ärzte, Bad Religioon, Bauhaus, Dom Perignon, In Extremo, Joy Division, Lacrimosa, New Model Army, Nirvana, Officine Panerai, Placebo, Rammstein, The Sisters of Mercy, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, The Mission, Die Toten Hosen, Umbra et Imago
mbmbmbmbmb
Mulhouse is definitively not just a few block away from Place Kleber, but if you may consider coming to Mulhouse we could arange somthing for sure with our game group.
But I suppose that you are looking for something closer.
I will forward your request to friends around Strasbourg. Perhaps they are available and can propose something to you.
Good trip to France and enjoy Strasbourg.

And by the way; Philibert is definitively worth the visit.
Just a last info: They also have a website with some bargains (Vente Flash and Promotions). Generally speaking prices are lower on the website. If you already know what you want, you can order via web and pick up the games in the store. Just mention the pick up in the order confirmation. So you can save some additional bucks.

desmodus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Langston
United States
Northfield
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately I won't have a car. Although I will be near enough to the train station, I will not have a lot of time available for travel in the evening. (Except for the evening of the 19th, when we arrive. I might me a bit jet-lagged, but let me look into this...)

I am looking forward to my return visit. The last time I was in Strasbourg we recorded Episode 1 of Volume 2 of the Wandering Geek podcast! I think we may try to get Episode 13 recorded while I am there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Schuk
France
Mulhouse
flag msg tools
Les règles tiennent sur un ticket de bus.
badge
Ce jeu, c'est simple.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do make the train travel, make sure to keep us advised as we should be able to throw in an impromptu gaming night

As for the jet-lag... well it will only increase our chances of victory, won't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Langston
United States
Northfield
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately we won't be rolling into Strasbourg until after 9 pm, so it looks like a visit to Mulhouse is not in the cards this trip. :-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Schuk
France
Mulhouse
flag msg tools
Les règles tiennent sur un ticket de bus.
badge
Ce jeu, c'est simple.
mbmbmbmbmb
A pity... enjoy your stay though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.