Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For a description of my Review Quest please see my geeklist where I hope to collect these reviews. On to the review...

For the record, I imagine that it doesn't matter a whole lot, I'm reviewing the regular, non-deluxe printing of Hey! That's My Fish!

Components: High quality tiles, and nice wooden penguins. Not much to say other than it's good.

Game play: This is an abstract game with a cute theme taped to the top. There's some nice thinking required, but not so deep as to slow the game down too much. It can be aggressive, but not overly so.

Who is it for: I've played this with players ranging in skill from Ticket to Ride only (my parents) to Agricola players. Every one of them has gotten the point of it, and played it strategically within the first game. It's also fairly easy for very young gamers to understand the rules, and even begin to grasp the strategies.

It can handle 2 to 4 players. Generally, I prefer it with 4 as the chaos keeps it from becoming a deeper game than I want it to be. But that option is there for people.

A single game with 4 players generally takes about 15-20 minutes (maybe 20.5 if you have to explain it first). Setup, however, can take 3 minutes. Quite a while for such a short game. However, if everyone pitches in, it can be done in under a minute. Not too bad.

Bottom line: This is a great filler game to play with a range of skill levels, including younger children. It is, at it's core, an abstract game, so some (like my wife) may be uninterested in the analysis required to play well. However, it isn't so intense an abstract (like Chess, or Go) that it would be overly taxing on anyone.

This is not a heavy game. But that's exactly why I'm very happy I have this in my collection and enjoy its light weight abstract nature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.