Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
no flag
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still no answer... I hope the plague has not reached the White Goblin office...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably the rats have eaten the rules booklet and they've had to go make and print another one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny de Vries
Netherlands
2e Exloermond
Drenthe
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We will upload the ENGLISH (and english only!) RULES today and place it in another subject.

Hope you like the basegame. The games will be available from Nurnberg show on. Huch&Friends will show their german version there.

There are several US publishers that showed interest in the game. More news on a stand-alone english (2nd edition) version we expect in the month february.

Jonny de Vries
White Goblin Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
no flag
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're alive !!!

Thank you very much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Neri
Italy
Livorno
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
Francesco Neri
mbmbmb
Nekrataal wrote:
We will upload the ENGLISH (and english only!) RULES today and place it in another subject.
Jonny de Vries
White Goblin Games

Where are the rules promised ?

Bye
ZeroCool_ITA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny de Vries
Netherlands
2e Exloermond
Drenthe
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably still pending.
We uploaded them yesterday afternoon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camelorn
Germany
Koblenz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
Shiny!
badge
Shiny!
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are there
In five separate jpgs

Ever heard of pdf...?

Thanks for the rules anyhow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny de Vries
Netherlands
2e Exloermond
Drenthe
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ofcourse we heard of PDF's but the graphic designer responded that the PDF is available tomorrow and since we want to share this information we decided to upload the 5 jpg's as a quick service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
no flag
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for the rules. I'll play Rattus for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny de Vries
Netherlands
2e Exloermond
Drenthe
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty sure that you will like Rattus.

The basegame is for learning the strategies and first experience with combination of cards in a player's turn.
Game is suitable for 2, 3 and 4 players due to the 3-level gameboard.

The first expansion PIED PIPER will give you (almost) endless posibilities for gameplay and variants. We'll add suggestions for cardsets in the expansions.

To tease you a bit...the first 3 suggested cardsets found in the PIED PIPER ruleset are "Prosperous Times" (Peasant, Baker, Serf, Queen, Mayor and Soldier), "Rat Control" (Pied Piper, Wizard, Bishop, Nun, Monk and Emperor) and "Europe at War" (Knight, Crusader, Soldier, Courier, Merchant and Pied Piper).
As you see I gave away some names already of cards from the PIED PIPER expansion.laugh

Ofcourse there are a lot more different cardsets to discover but that it's up to you to figure out. I won't "spoil" all the fun for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
no flag
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it makes 12 new cards:
- Baker
- Serf
- Queen
- Mayor
- Soldier
- Pied Piper
- Wizard
- Bishop
- Nun
- Emperor
- Crusader
- Courier

I'm teased...

Nekrataal wrote:
The basegame is for learning the strategies and first experience with combination of cards in a player's turn.

The first expansion PIED PIPER will give you (almost) endless posibilities for gameplay and variants.

Why haven't you made a "basegame with endless possibilities" ?
If the first expansion is ready, why didn't you have put it in the basegame, with a little higher price ?
A game absolutely complete at the start would have been best, don't you think ?

Nekrataal wrote:
Ofcourse there are a lot more different cardsets to discover but that it's up to you to figure out. I won't "spoil" all the fun for you!

Will there be more than 12 new cards ?

Will the game be available in the beginning or at the end of february ?

Thanks,
King bing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny de Vries
Netherlands
2e Exloermond
Drenthe
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
King Bing wrote:
Well, it makes 12 new cards:
- Baker
- Serf
- Queen
- Mayor
- Soldier
- Pied Piper
- Wizard
- Bishop
- Nun
- Emperor
- Crusader
- Courier

I'm teased...

Nekrataal wrote:

The first expansion PIED PIPER will give you (almost) endless posibilities for gameplay and variants.

Why haven't you made a "basegame with endless possibilities" ?
If the first expansion is ready, why didn't you have put it in the basegame, with a little higher price ?
A game absolutely complete at the start would have been best, don't you think ?

Nekrataal wrote:

Will there be more than 12 new cards ?

Thanks,
King bing

Because we want to introduce the game to the players. Rattus basegame is a great game on it's own, so there is no need to buy any expansion if you don't want to.
However we believe that this game can be a hugh success with all the fine additions that we will add in the next years. It's a game we want to support for years to come.

The reason that we don't add the new card(boards) to the basegame is that we wanted the basegame for a shopprice of 27,50 euro.
Otherwise the price would be considerably higher.

It's very important that people learn to play the game in it's purest form: just 1 card of each class. You will see that even with the 6 base cards the strategies are numerous depending on your choices and the choices of the other players. When you like the game...you will understand our choice hopefully.

Hope your people will survive the first year (1347) of the plague !!

Best regards,
Jonny
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
snico
France
LYON
Rhône Alpes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nekrataal wrote:
I am pretty sure that you will like Rattus.

Game is suitable for 2, 3 and 4 players due to the 3-level gameboard.

The first expansion PIED PIPER will give you (almost) endless posibilities for gameplay and variants. We'll add suggestions for cardsets in the expansions.

To tease you a bit...the first 3 suggested cardsets found in the PIED PIPER ruleset are "Prosperous Times" (Peasant, Baker, Serf, Queen, Mayor and Soldier), "Rat Control" (Pied Piper, Wizard, Bishop, Nun, Monk and Emperor) and "Europe at War" (Knight, Crusader, Soldier, Courier, Merchant and Pied Piper).
As you see I gave away some names already of cards from the PIED PIPER expansion.laugh

Well, thank you for uploading the English rules : the game looks so awesome that it will be probably mine !

For me, a little price for the game and the possibility of adding expansions is a good strategy (in order to introduce it and to make a great success).

You talk about the "first" expansion : does it mean you already know there will be more ? And, being given this expansion seems to be ready, what could be the delay for a release after the game's publication ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Keiner
Germany
Oberhausen
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the english-rules.
Any news from huch&friends according the german rules? On the huch&friends-site, there aren´t any proofs, that this game exists/will exist, although the release-date is near.
I can translate the english rules, but reading the german rules, is a faster way for me, to learn the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
no flag
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
King Bing wrote:

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny de Vries
Netherlands
2e Exloermond
Drenthe
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We uploaded the german and the french rulesbook also.
Both files pending for approaval.

Have fun with the rules.

The games will be available in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Benelux just after the Nurnberg Show.
Hopefully also in France in early february. When I have this information for you...I will share it here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
no flag
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny de Vries
Netherlands
2e Exloermond
Drenthe
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Back with some information for French players.

Rattus will also be available in France in early february. Here is the pre-order page for french customers at IELLO website: http://iello.fr/index.php/iello/Nos-produits/Jeux-de-société/White-Goblin-Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
no flag
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.