Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Garrett
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
The Ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. Everything else is....
mbmbmbmb
So, being an avid Dominion player, I went ahead and preordered a copy of Thunderstone. I've looked in a couple of forum posts for hints but thought I would come right out and ask.

Does anyoe know exactly what size sleeves will work with this game? It seems like one review mentioned Yu-Gi-Oh size sleeves being the right size.

Any help would be appreciated. I have a giant wooden box of Card Gaming fun that wants this game to go in it, but it needs sleeves right out of the box when it finally does arrive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
They are standard playing card size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Pehl
Germany
Daubach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AEGTodd wrote:
They are standard playing card size.

yup, my magic sleeves (2 5/8" * 3 5/8") fit perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jayne s
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
i'm looking for a sleeve that is a bit thicker... for dominion i use the euro sleeves.
any suggestions? do you like the magic sleeves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At first I thought that everyone was batty when they said that the cards fit standard. I just realized that the actual thunderstone cards are a different size from the rest. Ugh.

Does anyone know if there are sleeves out there that fit the Thunderstones? (67x89 / 2.625x3.5 are the measures I took.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are dividers not actual play cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To expand on that, there is only one Thunderstone card in the game - the card that actually says "Thunderstone" on it.

The cards with nothing on them that are slightly larger than every other card are meant as dividers to organize the rest of the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
*facepalm*

Thanks for that clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Catch 22 wrote:
*facepalm*

Thanks for that clarification.
Don't worry - as far as I know they're not mentioned anywhere in the rules, and without checking on here there's almost no way to know what they're for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
Honest: there's something extremely wrong with the way you (meaning the publisher) has dealt with the rules and "general ergonomy" of an overall excellent game, sorry to say that, but when I first opened the box I thought OMG how on earth will I arrange those cards in this box and nothing ever explains anything about that in the rules! It's a bit... Frustrating when one realizes that without internet and BGG one can't play a game he bought properly...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree.

The box is wonderfully designed and the divider cards a thoughtful touch.

But one is left to discover this for themselves. It would have been even more thoughtful to add to the instructions "We know this is a lot of cards to manage so here's some dividers and here's how you can store everything to make it easier..."

It's a small thing, but perhaps worth considering for the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric Jean-Marie
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
I gathered they were dividers on the first page of the instructions under the Contents heading last line bottom left -> "50 Extra-Wide Card Dividers". I didn't feel there was a need to further explain them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.