Subject: Wasting Nukes and Starting Hand Draws rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerry
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a couple rules questions. They're not of much importance because they don't come up often, but I was wondering if anyone knew a definitive answer; if not, I'm curious how other groups play it. (I'd check the rulebook, but a milk spill during a recent game made it unusable. Fortunately just about everything else survived.)

First, do you allow a Cylon Admiral, knowing that they're caught, to waste a nuke by firing it at an empty space? I figure probably this is not allowed but it came up in a recent game with a Cylon Ellen and about four setups drawn in a row.

Second, do you deal loyalty cards out before or after each player draws their starting hand of three cards? I figure most of the time this won't matter, but we end up doing both about equally in our games, just depending on how prepared everyone is when we're setting up the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Admiral card specifies that you have to launch a nuke at a Basestar, so you can't target empty space.

Distributing loyalty cards is in stage 6 of the setup, which comes before initial skill cards (stage 8).

Edit: I posted this precisely on the stroke of midnight so Happy New Year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The card says it - you launch a nuke at a basestar. So you can't launch into empty space as their is no target there.

2) Officially you deal loyalty cards fiorst then get your starting hand.

The rulebook is online, just print out a new copy.
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The most an admiral can do is to target a basestar that's already damaged, or better yet, nuke a basestar when the fleet's about to jump anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.