Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are just playing our first session and it seems to us that your private supply of influence markers and disappear quickly and that you can only get them back in very limited quantities. Are we missing something or does the game purposely make you ration influence markers. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Is Board
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the biggest parts of the game is supply management; it can be very tricky to juggle it but yes, they come back fairly limited. Keep playing and feeling it out, you'll get the hang of rationing (as well as setting up situations where you'll get some back with the need to use less cards to get them).

Love this game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Thomas
United States
North Kansas City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get them back 3 at a time by discarding a card instead of taking the action. You also get them back when you've played them on the board but don't come in first in an area - if it feels like you're running out of them waaaay too easily, it might be that you're not always taking them back into your private supply when you don't win an area. It's tight even when you play it correctly, but if you were giving up your private supply every time you placed them in an area, whether you came in first or not, it would seem stifling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stlkt wrote:
You get them back 3 at a time by discarding a card instead of taking the action. You also get them back when you've played them on the board but don't come in first in an area - if it feels like you're running out of them waaaay too easily, it might be that you're not always taking them back into your private supply when you don't win an area. It's tight even when you play it correctly, but if you were giving up your private supply every time you placed them in an area, whether you came in first or not, it would seem stifling.

Many thanks, but now I am a little confused. You used the word "discard" which leads me to believe that you choose to NOT play an influence card (in order to place influence markers) and instead take markers from the general supply, which makes sense in terms of costs and benefits. But the rules say, to take 3 markers when you "play" an influence card, which I take to mean that when I choose to use an influence card, I get three markers back, and that doesn't make sense since that seems to be a wash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cvlw wrote:
You used the word "discard" which leads me to believe that you choose to NOT play an influence card (in order to place influence markers) and instead take markers from the general supply, which makes sense in terms of costs and benefits. But the rules say, to take 3 markers when you "play" an influence card, which I take to mean that when I choose to use an influence card, I get three markers back, and that doesn't make sense since that seems to be a wash.

The other poster's explanation is correct, but the rules are worded differently. You play an influence card either to take markers or to place markers (from your personal supply) on the boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, this explains alot. We were wondering how we had almost no markers by game's end. This makes sense and I missed it in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
The more successful you are in obtaining rewards the more depleted your personal supply becomes. Managing your supply and still doing (some of) the things you want to do is a key to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.