Popular Tags: [View All]
Aram
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played 4 games now: The first game ended in a draw and the last three games were won by the demon side won; handily. Does anyone have tips for human survival? I'm thinking that I need to progress through the tunnels more quickly to get more space between myself and trog-spewing-unexplored edges. Does anyone have any other advice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Knowles
United States
Willowick
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's still early,but I've played six games(5 of 1st scenario and 1 of 2nd)and the Humans have drawn 1 and lost 5.I do think some of the later scenarios in the book are easier for the Humans,but that's not from experience of playing them,that's just from reading over them.Also,the game has been played by experienced wargamers,FWIW.

bikerboy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Pehl
Germany
Daubach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't own the game yet, but I would try using the bidding - variant or the handicap system. IIRC I saw one post that it was intended to be harder for the humans if you play the scenarios as written, especially the first one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tech7 wrote:
IIRC I saw one post that it was intended to be harder for the humans if you play the scenarios as written, especially the first one.

That's exactly what HeroQuest did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Crouch
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We've only played the first scenario, and that only three times, but it is definitely hard for the humans. I would say re-read the rules, as we keep finding things we did wrong or missed that would help the humans.

For example, the Bluderbus gives +1 CMBT, and as far as I can tell, you always get that bonus, whether you are using it against enemies in the same location or at range.

Don't forget the Blessed talent.

Use Precognition as much as possible.

Elusive and a 2 MVT can allow your Blades to dash down a side path, then come back. This can allow you to place unwanted tiles, or push the points were Trogs appear farther away.

You can use Impressive and a narrow passage to have the Brute conduct a rear-guard action, allowing the rest of the Human team to get away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Contway
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the humans have won almost every time we've played.

staggering the group to prevent troggs, knowing when to attack- then move, keeping on the move, and having a plan with their dice makes options rough on the demon player.

the humans have been getting kinda lucky with the tiles on our games though. that can really make the scenarios easy for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Freedom Rider - Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers
badge
The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil - George Saunders
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been discussed in a number of previous threads. Here is one which ran a couple of pages, and had some good comments from the designer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.