Winchmore Hill
London
flag msg tools
Lv 30 Lawful/Evil Human Dungeon Master
badge
In Toruk's name!
mb
Couple of questions that arose during play for us:

1. Player uses the familiar that allows you to swap items with an adjacent player and tries to steal my potion. Am I allowed to drink my potion before he steals it, or is it too late once the stealing intention is declared? Items can be used even during other players turns as the rulebook implies?

2. Whilst fighting a monster, when the monster is revealed, can you use a healing potion or similar to restore yourself to full health before fighting it? Or once you turn the card over is it too late?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hatzipantelis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
An item can be used at any time except when an encounter is affecting the item itself.

ie 1. A thief steals one item at random. No item is being targeted so any item can be used before resolution of random event.
2. A creature attacks. ANY item can be used (before, during or after combat).
3. A spell or effect targets the item. THE ITEM CANNOT BE USED.

So in your case. You can drink your potion when the other player approaches you but CAN'T once they declare that they are stealing your potion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.