Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Marso
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
I was playing the depot expansion with TTE and a question came up:

Let's say that I want to claim a route which has a depot on one side but a free space on another side in which I can lay a station. If I claim this route using a station, can I still choose to get the depot cards?

Just wanted to make sure the rules were not meant to apply only to routes claimed using train tickets.

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bobm174 wrote:
I was playing the depot expansion with TTE and a question came up:

Let's say that I want to claim a route which has a depot on one side but a free space on another side in which I can lay a station. If I claim this route using a station, can I still choose to get the depot cards?

Just wanted to make sure the rules were not meant to apply only to routes claimed using train tickets.

Bob
My take is no. AFAIK, stations are used strictly for completing destination tickets only. NOT for Transcontinental Europe (aka longest route), nor warehouses. It doens't say this explicitly, but benefit of the doubt tells me it would've said so if you couldN'T.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Brousseau
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I agree with ackmondual. When you lay a station you don't "claim" a route -- you can just use a route that was already claimed by someone else. So you can't take the depot cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thing I forgot to mention is that the TtR Europe rules state you can place a station as your turn, but you don't actually USE the stations till the end of the game. E.g. a player places a station intending to use it to piggyback one route, but was able to get the train cards to go there, so she uses the station to piggy back the other way. Even if you could do what you're asking, It'd have to wait till the end of the game during scoring, where train cards are no longer relevent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.