John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was using these for an over-sized version of Memoir '44 but I switched over to Classic Armor and World Tank Museum 1/144 scale miniatures for that after "they" changed the scale of the A&A minis. It ticked me off. WTM minis are better quality anyway. So I have a box of a more than 100 original Axis & Allies vehicles with cards I'm going to get rid of somehow. Does anyone still play with these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
I still intermix them with the new 15mm scale stuff. I wasn't happy with the change of scale either but it wasn't like they were being used as FoW minis. Most every card from the orginal set has been errata'd anyway but if they're useful vehicles they can still be used in tournament regardless of the scale.

I just got two cases of the Early War set. I'm glad to see they're still supporting the game with new molds. Also, power creep isn't an issue in this set since most of the vehicles/tanks are 2/2 or 3/2 and from 39' and 40'. Mostly good for year based scenarios as they won't hold up against late war models or in tournament (well maybe a few will).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I am pretty easy on the scale...

And if you have any non-vehicles i would be more than happy to take a few off you.

However, i live in the UK so i'm not sure how postage would work out....

Drop me a mail if you like & let me know what you have and how much you would want. I don't have many so a nice selection (even if the old scale) would do me...

Cheers,

Malcolm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I use all the A&A Infantry, and some of the artillery and transport for Memoir'44. Classic Armor used to sell 1/144 halftracks and trucks through Wal-Mart but those dried up last January. Although I have 17 A&A T-70s I've used as generic Russian tanks, I've finally found reasonably priced T-34s and SU-122s in 1/144 scale.

Without a completely accurate inventory, I'm sure I have at least 12 Pz IIIs, 12 Pz IVs, 4 to 6 Elite Pz IVds, 4 Panthers, 2 Tiger Is, 9 Hetzers, 3 JgPz IVs, 6 or 9 StuGs with the short 75, 12 to 16 M4 Shermans , 3 Easy Eights, 3 Hellcats, 12 M3 Stuarts in desert tan, 2 Grants, 3 Crusaders (or vice versa), 3 Sig33s, at least 3 of each M8 Armored cars, Humber, 222 and Puma armored cars, several "big base" artillery pieces, Pak 40s, 40 mm Bofors guns, 17 Pdrs plus one 1939 to 1945 starter set.

I'd really like more infantry poses, especially Commonwealth and Russian. I doubt anyone has 48 Japanese infantry and 4 tankettes to trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sacha cauvin
France
rouen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use both nowdays even though i try to stick with the first version. I've got plenty of re-painted minis and have started to use 3D elements on top of AAM maps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hurlburt
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've decided to stick with the original scales & sets and not buy any more after they resized. While the resized models look nice and some of the sets are intriguing, I've simply hit a point where I need to cut back my gaming investment somewhere and the scale change was a good reason for me to stop.

Of course, it hasn't stopped me from trawling ebay and other places for good deals on the early stuff... blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.