Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Munchkin expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Marshall
msg tools
Which of the Munchkin expansions would you recomend? I have the base dungeon card game and I am looking to buy more cards in the future. But I can only buy one or two, so which of the 6 or 7 expansions would you say is a must have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend going with Munchkin 2: Unnatural Axe and Munchkin 6: Demented Dungeons.

M2 will give you more cards to play with without giving you too many cards to make the deck unwieldy.

M6 adds a brand new type of card that I think makes the game a bit more interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey O'Brien
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
badge
...easy ...easy ...eeesay...
mbmbmbmbmb
Progmode wrote:
I'd recommend going with Munchkin 2: Unnatural Axe and Munchkin 6: Demented Dungeons.

M2 will give you more cards to play with without giving you too many cards to make the deck unwieldy.

M6 adds a brand new type of card that I think makes the game a bit more interesting.
Munchkin 4: The Need for Steed

Hard to argue with that, but it is worth noting that Munckin 4 comes with Steeds, which add a little variety too.

Remember also that if your fancy is to mix genres rather than expand the fantasy basic game, then it's a case of take your pick. Personally I'd recommend Munckin Bites and Munchkin Booty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Moffett
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I second the Need for Steed, it's my group's favorite expansion and we've played a lot of Munchkin. I can't speak for Demented Dungeons because we don't have that one, but I want it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd personally avoid purchasing the full expansions out of order. NfS comes with additional Race and Class cards from earlier expansions. That means you'll wind up with only one Orc, one Gnome, and one Bard card if you skip M2 and M3 and go straight to M4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey O'Brien
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
badge
...easy ...easy ...eeesay...
mbmbmbmbmb
Progmode wrote:
I'd personally avoid purchasing the full expansions out of order. NfS comes with additional Race and Class cards from earlier expansions. That means you'll wind up with only one Orc, one Gnome, and one Bard card if you skip M2 and M3 and go straight to M4.

Once again, hard to argue with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.