4 Posts

Clue: Harry Potter Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: I need Instruccions and Game Rules ASAP!!!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ana Maria Concha Rojas
Austria
flag msg tools
We got the game in Austria and the game instructions and rules are in German. We tried to figure them out, but it was a waste of time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanne Means
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I will do the best I can.

The game has four wheels. Punch those out and attach them to the appropriate side that matches. Meaning the Ravenclaw with Ravenclaw. When you begin the game, make sure they are all on start. With each turn, you roll all 3 dice. When a school house shows up, turn that wheel one notch. If the star shows up, pick a help card. If the dark mark shows up, pick a dark card. The dark card, read aloud. If the dark card applies to you, you lose house points unless one of your help cards protects you. Some of the help cards get turned back in after use, some do not. Read the card to be sure.

Mix up the 3 different stacks of mystery cards (who, room and weapon). Pick 1 from each like regular clue and put them in the envelope. Mix them up again and pass them out evenly among the players. Any leftover cards go under the envelope in Dumbledore's office. As you play, you may enter Dumbledore's office and view the cards that are in there (not in the envelope! Just the cards underneath). If you go to Dumbledore's office to look at the extra mystery cards, you cannot make any suggestions.

There are a stack of student cards. Put them face down and pick 1 student and put them face up on the envelope in Dumbledore's office. That's who is missing. The players then choose from the rest of the students. Pick the mover that matches the card.

To begin, each player gets one sheet from the note pad, a writing utensil, 1 help card face up, 60(3 players), 70(4 players) or 80(5 players) house points, which are the little numbered tokens, a student card and mover.

So, the player with the soonest birthday goes first. When you roll all 3 die, you do what the black die says first and then move your person up to the number of spaces shown on the die. You do not have to move all the spaces. You may move to a star (note that it matches the star on the die). If you move to a star, your turn stops and you get a help card. You may go through the open doors to enter a room. Note that with the turn of the wheels, some of the doors close and you may not enter them.

You go around to the different rooms just like regular clue. You have to be in that room to make suggestions. To make accusations, you must go to Dumbledore's office. Make your accusation and then check the cards in the envelope to see if you're right. If you are, the game is over, you win. If you're wrong you're out of the game, but you continue to show your mystery cards when other players make suggestions. With your house points, you lose them with the dark cards. If you run out of house points, then you're out of the game. You must them place all of your mystery cards face up so all of the other players can view them. If everyone runs out of house points then the dark forces wins.

It occurred to me that your cards may be in German also. If that's the case, here's a site and maybe you can figure it out by the pictures:
http://www.theartofmurder.com/table/clueboardgames/harrypott...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ana Maria Concha Rojas
Austria
flag msg tools
Hi!!!

Thank you so much for your help and time! My dad was the one who got the game and he was dying to play but we couldn't.

I got everything, your explanations were wonderful

Thanks again

Anameeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonso75
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case it helps future visitors...

https://www.hasbro.com/common/documents/dad2885d1c4311ddbd0b...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.