8 Posts

Tobago» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cursed treasure discard rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rui Viegas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a curse card shows up, the players with compass roses still on that treasure must discard theirs most valuable treasure, yes, but from the treasure cards each player has just drawn on that treasure or from all each player's treasure cards?

I figure it's from all treasure cards each player has, but since the player's treasure cards are kept face down you can always cheatdevil, unless the treasure cards must be face up. but from what is seen on the back of the box all cards are face down...

any help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Cunha
Portugal
flag msg tools
Nice question

I'm certainly sure each player must discard from all treasure card. In the other way, rules said all cards are face down but when distributing treasures you know if others players received a 6 card, or a 5, so doesn't seem pratically for someone to cheat.

Now, using your thread I'll ask another question: for example, think about a treasure with 7 clue cards... first 3 cards were ok, but at 4 curse card show up. I know distribution ends, but how about the other 3 cards not revealed? Do you show them to the crowd or directly go to discard pile without players looking them?

That occur today when I was playing with a friend and we decide to immediately put remaing treasure cards at discard pile. However, I got 3 compass roses and my friend had 5 of them (7 compass roses + other we collect from deck) with 2 curse cards. So, 1 curse card went off to discard pile and only he knowed that 2 curse cards were eliminated. I just saw the one that appear, while distribution process occured, and play rest of the game thinking the other curse card could show up at any moment. Is this correct or before discard cards all players could look at them face up?

Thanks and sorry for my english whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Viegas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good question too. cool
On page 5 the rules say:
Quote:
If the second curse card is among these discards, remove it - without it taking effect
so the discarded cards must be shown to the players, tough it would be more fun not showing the cards, this way the game loses a bit of tension.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Cunha
Portugal
flag msg tools
True

Any more thoughts about this one?

Thanks in advance! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you show them all even if unclaimed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Laurent
Finland
Lohja
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have played so that only the largest card from THIS treasure is discarded. Not that this would affect the game much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wen74 wrote:
We have played so that only the largest card from THIS treasure is discarded. Not that this would affect the game much.

Are you joking? This would have a major effect. The gain/loss of a major treasure (probably a 5 or a 6) could change who wins the game. And as the rules are written, only those who grabbed all of their treasure before the curse shows are safe. You’ve now extended that safety to everyone who hasn’t even taken one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pavils Jurjans
Latvia
Riga
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
When a curse card shows up, the players with compass roses still on that treasure must discard theirs most valuable treasure

It should be noticed however, that the rules require the cursed player to discard an amulet. And only if the player has no amulet to discard, only then she must sacrifice her most valuable treasure card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.