Carcassonne: Hunters and Gatherers» Forums » Variants

Subject: Aurochs variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Matt
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aurochs, mammoths and the bear are different figures that represent a same feature. I mean: if aurochs were replaced by mammoths or bears no implications would arise for the gameplay or scoring.

Nothing is wrong about this and it´s cute to see different figures on the board.
Nevertheless, many players have created their house rules for aurochs, making them more valuable (since they appear on bonus tiles) and distinct from mammoths and bears, usually benefiting deers.
Personally, I also prefer to assign different abilities to distinct animals - an "esthetic" option! - but I choose Mammoths to be more valuable (not deers) more valuable.

Why Mammoths? Mammoths are wide animal, aren´t them ? They should provide a great meal and many chothes !... So, why should we despise mammoths?
Furthermore, all tiles comprises a total of 31 deers and only 16 mammoths. Even taking in account 14 tigers - and ignoring the "fire" tile - mammoths are rarer than deers.

Thus, we apply the following rule:

Every Mammoth scores 3 pts if there is at least one Auroch in the same field.

Ex: 2 aurochs + 4 mammoths + 5 deers + 2 tigers -> 2x 2 pts (aurochs) + 4x 3 pts (mammoths) + (5-2)x 2pts (deers "not eaten") which yields a total of 22 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.