Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group split on the reading of the rules for the Tavern. The rules say:

"You may immediately use any cards gained in the tavern to move in the present turn, as long as you obey all other movement rules."

Some took this to mean "You may immediately use any cards gained in the tavern" as the dominant portion of the rule, i.e. you could play number cards from that set of tavern-drawn cards that did not match the number you were playing this turn, but you must follow all other movement rules.

Some took the "obey all other movement rules" as dominant, i.e. that the only tavern-drawn cards that can be played are those that match the number for the card.

So which is it? Is the tavern simply a way to use two known cards to gain three random movement cards, or is it providing a huge movement advantage this turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys are over thinking this one, Brian. You can use every card you get from the tavern, but you have to obey every stinking rule in the game when you do so. So basically, all it's saying is that the cards from the tavern are available to you immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy C
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
If you read the example for the player with the horse card, it becomes pretty clear what was meant.

Not that there was any grammatical ambiguity in that rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.