Hide
8 Posts

Dominion» Forums » Rules

Subject: No cards in draw pile or discard pile and told to draw a card. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lasivian Leandros
msg tools
Through a combination of smithy/throne room/village I ended up with all my cards in my hand or in play and nothing in the discard or draw pile, yet I still had draws available.

What happens at that point?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You get to start drawing cards from your left-hand opponent's draw pile. When he runs out of cards, your next opponent, and so on. After you have taken all of their cards, you can draw any card of your choice from the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
Plaatsvervangende Schaamte
badge
mbmbmb
Lasivian wrote:
Through a combination of smithy/throne room/village I ended up with all my cards in my hand or in play and nothing in the discard or draw pile, yet I still had draws available.

What happens at that point?

Thanks

For any card, you do as much as you can possibly do. In this case, you draw as many cards as you are able to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
You get to start drawing cards from your left-hand opponent's draw pile. When he runs out of cards, your next opponent, and so on. After you have taken all of their cards, you can draw any card of your choice from the table.

Could you go back to your standard snarky "read the rule book, dammit" replies? I'm afraid someone might actually believe these blatant lies which might cause a fight within some game groups. If the fight gets out of hand, people could die! Won't you think of the children?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
because it's all I ever wanted to be..
badge
Cloning gamers since 2003
mbmbmbmbmb
kusinohki wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:

Could you go back to your standard snarky "read the rule book, dammit" replies? I'm afraid someone might actually believe these blatant lies which might cause a fight within some game groups. If the fight gets out of hand, people could die! Won't you think of the children?!

David's responses are always the highlight of my days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Spencer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:

The above comment is jerk for "scrutinize the rule book before asking questions."

You draw as many cards as you can, reshuffling as necessary. If you have your whole deck in your hand, you don't draw any additional cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lasivian Leandros
msg tools
I thought that was probably the case, but it always helps to get a second/third/fourth opinion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
drewkitty ~..~
msg tools
If all your cards are in your hand or in play then finish playing anymore action cards you want to play ignoring any draw card prompts. The continue to your Buy phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.