Subject: Lyssa / Rune enchantress rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesper Jørgensen
Denmark
Glostrup
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During the last game we discussed the wording of the IoD-hero Lyssa / Rune enchantress-card. See below.

As long as you roll at least one movement die, you may only move an additional space at any point during your Movement Step.

One side argued that the additional move was a Joker or Wild-die, so the movement-symbol was chosen by the player who played Lyssa.

Another side argued that the requirement of at least one movement die had to be rolled, meant that the player could duplicate one movement die.

Does anybody know the official ruling of this card?

If not, then give me your opinion on which argument you support.

Note a similar thread has also been posted on the IoD Rules forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fiscus
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that reading it literally is always the way to go. The card says:

"you may move an additional space", so you may move an additional space. Any kind of space. If it meant otherwise, it would say "an additional space matching a symbol on a used Movement di(c)e."

The stipulation that you must roll at least one die is there to prevent someone from "resting" all of their movement dice to remove Fatigue and then still getting a Wild Card movement. This keeps the decision of "you can always move 1 space if you choose not to roll" valuable.

I will cross-post my response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.