Christopher Dodge
United States
Highland
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Newbee question. In a battle, can I play as many action cards as I want (assuming I have them in my hand and don't have more than 7 cards) as long as they pertain to the battle and don't say, "Play as an action?"

It just seems to me that there would be some sort of limitation. I got this game for Christmas and have now played it five times with three other people and we are loving it! Thanks for answering!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: How many action cards?
IIRC, you are allowed to play as many as you like, but never the same one on the same entity (like a second Direct Hit if your first was sabotaged). However, I might be wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton wrote:
(like a second Direct Hit if your first was sabotaged). However, I might be wrong.

Actually, this part is slightly wrong. A card that is Sabotaged is not considered to have ever been played, so you COULD play another Direct Hit if the second was Sabotaged.

However, your first statement was correct - you cannot play two identical cards that affect the same entity for the same exact situation. For instance, you could not play two Morale Boost cards to get a +2. However, you CAN play two DIFFERENT cards that affect the same thing. For instance, you could play Fighter Prototype and Morale Boost to give your fighters a big boost.

Other than that, though, there is no limit to the number of cards you can play during combat, other than the 7-card hand limit you have (except Yssaril) and the fact that having more than one or two cards that you'd want to use in a single combat is pretty uncommon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, thanks, that's tricky. Next time I hope I get more bad action cards of the same type than my opponent got Sabotages!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dodge
United States
Highland
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answer guys! That is what I thought but it just didn't seem right in some situations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.