Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this once today and had a question about movement of resources.

Smokejumpers
I loaded up my transport with two crews and landed them several hexes downwind of the fire a couple of hexes apart. Can you unload more than one crew a turn? You can carry four crews in the transport. Could all of them jump in a single turn then you'd only have to pay for the transport for a single turn?

Crew Movement
Later in the game I purchased emergency resources, two crews and a single water truck. Where do these show up? I just assumed it to be on a road entering the map and since the truck has unlimited movement it didn't really matter where they came in. But what if I didn't have the truck and just bought two crews. Where would they show up? Anyway, back to my example. I brought in one crew loaded on the truck unloaded it on a road hex. The crew then had 4 movement points after unloading and headed off into the woods. I then sent the truck back for the 2nd crew which I assumed would just be waiting on a road entry to the map. The crew spent one movement point to get on the truck (not in the rules but I figured it only made sense). The truck then moved back near the first crew and the 2nd crew unloaded. This crew then has 3 movement points to spend. The part that didn't make much sense to me is if the truck can transport an unlimited number of crews in this fashion in a single turn? Could I transport both crews using a single truck in a single turn? My rational for doing this is that the truck has unlimited movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Anderson
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Smokejumpers: Okay, it's not in the rules but sure, you can drop multiple crews per turn and they can be dropped in different hexes.

Emergency Resources: You got me again. Ground resources (crewes, trucks, dozers) should be placed in an urban hex. Since they have unlimited movement on the road, this is a minor issue (unless the road is overrun by the fire).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.