Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a game this weekend and had a few rule questions we wanted to get official answers to.

Disease Card wrote:
Holiness: 3
Immediately return all other party members to the Inn, banking any attached treasures and putting attached Inn cards in your hand. Your party's maximum size is one character.

1. Do attached Items also go into your Hand? Or do you get to move them to your remaining party member? Or are they lost? Normally, Item cards cannot be held in your hand.

2. The only way to remove this curse is to roll 3 Holiness. But if the Curse is placed on a character with no Holiness dice, then the only way to get rid of it is to die?

Later, Another player had the character Dakone, whose text says:

Character Dakone wrote:
If this character dies during a raid, you may steal one character from the CM's party. (The CM keeps any attached cards.)

3. Are Curses attached cards? If a character with Curses is stolen, what happens to the Curses?

4. What happens to Items when the last party member is stolen? Do you keep them until the end of the current Turn, at which point you draw a new character from the bag (since the party is empty) and re-attach them? Or do you have to discard them all immediately since you have nobody else in the party to attach them to?

And lastly, an unrelated question about a Monster:

Monster Uthanak wrote:
Uthanak attacks twice per turn

5. Does that mean he gets 2 actions per round, or does he attack twice in a row? Does he attack the same target twice, or does the raiding party need to pick a new target for the 2nd attack? We could not find anything in the rules that explained the difference between a Combat "Round" and a Combat "Turn."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thomas
United States
Findlay
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I can't help you with "official" answers since I don't work for AEG, but:

1. Yes, with that curse you do just as it says... put the INN cards in your hand. Items are INN cards, so they go in your hand. I know it's counter to general rules, but the rulebook even states that 'RULE ZERO' is that card text can override any other rule.

2. Curses can be removed at the INN as part of your free actions at the beginning of your turn, just like getting healed. It certainly lessens their effectiveness if someone is willing to essentially sacrifice a turn to get rid of them, but whatever.

3. Curses attach to a character, so if the text says that the CM keeps all attached cards, I guess he would keep the curse. What he would do with it... I don't know. This weekend we had a case where a cursed character got taken by another party, but in that case, all his cards came with him, including the curse.

4. In the case of the CM keeping cards when a character gets stolen, I believe that those cards would need to be re-attached immediately or lost. That Disease curse is the only instance of being able to keep items in your hand that I know of.

5. I agree that is incorrect text on Uthanak. It should say round. He gets two combat actions per round, and yes the raiding party would choose a target each time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We looked through the rules to see if Curses could be removed while in the Inn, but couldn't find it. I will have to check again when I get home (the AEG website is blocked at work due to internet filter). Do you still get to bank them for XP if you lift a Curse at the Inn? Or do you just discard it?

I also just realized that there is a rule change in Cryptmaster about Item cards. Item Cards CAN be held in your hand. In the original TOMB, Item Cards had to be immediately attached or discarded... it was not allowed to hold them in your hand. So my first question does not apply anymore...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thomas
United States
Findlay
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 9 of the cryptmaster rules, in the free actions section discusses removing curses at the inn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.