Århus
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes, Beware the Geek bringing gifts!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi; I trying to decide which version of Wallenstein to go for;

I'm not good at German, but on the other hand I would prefer all the place names on the map to be the original German ones.

Does anyone have a picture of the english version of the board, or is it the same as the german, regarding the names of provinces and cities/towns?

How big is the language dependency, really?
Is there an english version of the rules online, somewhere?

thanks in advance,
Morten

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Petry
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LeZerp wrote:
Does anyone have a picture of the english version of the board, or is it the same as the german, regarding the names of provinces and cities/towns?

How big is the language dependency, really?
Is there an english version of the rules online, somewhere?
Morten

Unless this has been re-printed recently, there is no English-language version of this game. A newer game called Shogun which is based on the Wallenstein rules/mechanisms was published by Queen in a multilingual edition, but it is set in Japan rather than central Europe.

However, this should not prevent you from buying a German copy of Wally. There is an excellent rules translation in the downloads area, as well as many other useful player-aids that will allow you to create replacement cards/pasteups, etc. though this is not really needed to play the game -- very minimal use is made of the event cards, so a translation sheet is usually sufficient.

It's a great game, so don't let the German deter you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Lund
Denmark
Århus
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes, Beware the Geek bringing gifts!
mbmbmbmbmb
okay, I expected there to be an English version, since several of the items for sale mention a German version

Thanks for the info :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.