Subject: An Arkham Horror actual game-based Short Story rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hem Hemux
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Greetings, all.

Just wanted to say that my beloved woman, as an AH lover AND an excellent fantasy-novels writer (and I'm not saying that ONLY because she's my woman but because I actually DO think she's good at it), well, she tried to make a short-story out of our last just-the-two-of-us game. As a writing work, but as a personal pleasure too.

So if you have ten minutes and want to know how to turn a real game into a great story, imagining a nice story while keeping every single element that really happened during the actual game we had, well, have fun, here it is on her blog :

http://darkdemonproductions.blogspot.com/2010/01/arkham-horr...

PS : I'll let you all big AH geeky fans try to deduce what card, what event, what ally, what item and all came into our game. Everything was carefully kept for her to write. She had a whole package of mythos cards, encounter cards and all, in the exact order... I mean, she did an amazing work. Ok... I'm just crazy of her

PPS : Don't hesitate to give some feedback about the whole story. Only nice critics allowed. just kidding.

Cheers, and a happy new Year !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is awesome! Sure, there's a couple spelling mistakes, but by the end I was really HOOKED and rooting for our intrepid heroes!

I love how you flesh out all the "between-the-lines" stuff that's not spelled out in the game, what actually happens when you enter or close a Gate etc...Plus the Allies become real characters and not just 'items' you carry around. Bravo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aki Järvi-Eskola
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
It's a pad of sticky notes!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you and your woman very much for bringing some nice Mythos fiction to my train rides today!
I enjoyed this short story very much, and had to read the last paragraphs while walking to my house, freezing my hands and holding a shaking LED-keychain above the papers. But it was worth it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats: your story inspired me to flesh out a little "scene" of my own from a game of Arkham Horror....(posted it on this forum under "General")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hem Hemux
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, thanks a lot everyone !

My woman was pleased to hear your comments. She's glad Bob was inspired by her writing, and she laughed when she heard that a man far from here, in Finland, actually walked in the cold with a led-key just to read her story.

That was definitely nice feedbacks from you, guys, so we thank you a lot ! Bye !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lederer
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoyed the story. It really conveyed atmosphere very well - the protagonists often not really understanding what was going on or what was happening to them, Gloria listening to her gift, the reporter trying to track her down to save her but getting lost...that was fun to read!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hem Hemux
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, thanks a lot, Jim !

Had forgotten about that thread... not a lot of people actually read the story. I'm surprised, I'm not really into books or fantasy litt, but I thought that was really interesting when you know the actual game ! and even more when YOU are the one who played one of the character ! (I'll let you know who I was )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.