Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Griffey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read through most of the rules and I see a beautiful game here. My principal disappointment is that there is no provision for AD 1919-1920. Many expected the war to continue at least into 1919. In a sense it did, as the Allied blockade continued until the Treaty of Versailles was signed in mid-1919. There were many interesting new Allied weapons coming on line in 1919. Against these, the Germans would have pitted their usual strong defenses.

The Germans became greedy (Treaty of Brest Litovsk) and lost the cooperation of the Bolsheviks, A continuation of the alliance of Germany and Bolshevik Russia might have strengthened Germany in 1919. Germany's diversion of a million troops to occupy Ukraine/Baltic States weakened Germany, as the resource harvest in occupied Russian Empire was much less than was expected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.