Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Onstad
United States
Donald
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This could also be titled potential vs. solid. At where do you split the pair for the straight. Or the straight for the pair? for example lets say you have 5789KK do you split the pair, or the straight? (assuming it is not your crib) Do you have a set formula? how do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
Plaatsvervangende Schaamte
badge
mbmbmb
xofour wrote:
This could also be titled potential vs. solid. At where do you split the pair for the straight. Or the straight for the pair? for example lets say you have 5789KK do you split the pair, or the straight? (assuming it is not your crib) Do you have a set formula? how do you think?

Assuming neither of you are close to winning or in danger of being skunked, I would throw the 9K if this were not my crib. I try not to throw pairs, things that can be use in runs together, or tens. I really try not to throw pairs of tens.

Edit: typo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Stackurski
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I love almost all games, play Boardgames with my wife, have three kids, generally enjoy cats and understand and like those bumper stickers with the little fishies sprouting legs.
badge
This happy cat is excited about new board games!
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to break the pair and keep the run... particularly if it has some 15's in it. However, I'd throw the kings with this hand. A 7 or 8 cut is just too tempting and clearly the 5 shouldn't go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lavoie
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZackStack wrote:
I tend to break the pair and keep the run... particularly if it has some 15's in it. However, I'd throw the kings with this hand. A 7 or 8 cut is just too tempting and clearly the 5 shouldn't go.

I like your style, but it seems a bit took risky for me. I'd toss K9 and take my chances with 578K.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
5-7-8-K gets you an assured 4 points, 5-7-8-9 gets you an assured 5, and gives your opponent 2. If I had a comfortable lead, or was way behind, I'd probably throw the K-K because that has more potential (a 7 or 8 cut takes it to 12, a 9 takes it to 10, a 10 takes it to 9, and a A-2-5-J-Q-K takes it to 7). If the game was close, I'd probably play defensively and throw the 9-K.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.