Escape from Colditz» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Victory conditions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yon Tuid
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The rules states that the game length and the victory conditions has to be agreed between the players.

I would like to know the different victory conditions and game length people use to apply in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Crane
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
We usually play the following but it varies from player to player and the skill of the people controlling the teams.

Usually from an Allied teams perspective I've seen suggestions saying a win is 2 POWs to escape in 2 to 2 1/2 hours. I've also seen this suggested in other threads in this forum. I play 2 1/2 hours as I've got a six year old who plays one of the POW teams.

Then you need to decide whether do or die is allowed. We tend to play with no do or die because the German player cannot really do much about this.

From a German perspective if an Escape officer only escapes one POW I would say that's a minor victory to the Germans if you stop his team escaping any that's a major victory.

Then also the Allied teams are competing to be first to escape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.