United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the fracking point of having a '10' button on a Vending Machine. Cmon Vending Machine Manufacturers, I wanted Skittles. Not Twix. I hate Twix! But since you put the Skittles in slot 10 of Row E, and I went to push E+1+0, you assume I wanted the Twix Bar in Slot 1, without waiting for me to push the zero button.

This is not the first time you've pushed your inferior products at me as well. Perhaps we can always put the skittles in a better slot from now on?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Just buy the giant bag of Skittles from the grocery. Then you can have Skittles whenever you want!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Twix is?/are? better than Skittles FYI. The vending machine is simply trying to educate you on this point. Since you don't seem to have learned, it will have to happen again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
SybotCB wrote:
What is the fracking point of having a '10' button on a Vending Machine...I went to push E+1+0, you assume I wanted the Twix Bar in Slot 1, without waiting for me to push the zero button.

Seems like you answered your own question there.

SybotCB wrote:
I hate Twix!

This is just a character flaw on your part. Easily fixable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendrick Martin
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mitch Hedberg wrote:
I was gonna get a candy bar; the button I was supposed to push was "HH", so I went to the side, I found the "H" button, I pushed it twice. Fuckin'...potato chips came out, man, because they had an "HH" button for Christ's sake! You need to let me know. I'm not familiar with the concept of "HH". I did not learn my AA-BB-CC's. God god, dammit dammit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Games Are About Glory
United States
Macedon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently you didn't read the memo:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
FrozenHoHos wrote:
Apparently you didn't read the memo:

This memo says nothing about the shoddy system of arcane buttons on our vending machine. Though it is right on several other accounts, however, this memo is not displayed in a conspicuous place on our machine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
renegaderebel wrote:
Mitch Hedberg wrote:
I was gonna get a candy bar; the button I was supposed to push was "HH", so I went to the side, I found the "H" button, I pushed it twice. Fuckin'...potato chips came out, man, because they had an "HH" button for Christ's sake! You need to let me know. I'm not familiar with the concept of "HH". I did not learn my AA-BB-CC's. God god, dammit dammit.

Great, so Mitch Hedberg understands the pain I had to go through in eating a crappy Twix bar when I was all ready and willing to taste the rainbow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thommy8 wrote:
Twix is?/are? better than Skittles FYI. The vending machine is simply trying to educate you on this point. Since you don't seem to have learned, it will have to happen again.

I usually give anyone that posts in my threads I start a thumb. You have become my one and only exception to this rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it's time for:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:
Thommy8 wrote:

I usually give anyone that posts in my threads I start a thumb. You have become my one and only exception to this rule.

I feel very special

So is it "Twix is" or "Twix are"?

Hmmm, I suppose you would say Milky Way is inferior to Snickers, not Milky Way are inferior to Snickers, or maybe you would say the latter, oh no, I'm all mixed up now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
temazur
Canada
Oshawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I, too, have fallen prey to the tricky vending machine numbering scam. I've been forced to purchase countless bags of less-than-satisfying peanuts when I really just wanted a Snickers.

DOWN WITH DOUBLE DIGITS ON VENDING MACHINES!!! *rabblerabblerabble*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Smith
Canada
Quebec City
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What you didn't know is that button 10 is for geeks who count in binary, and want the very geeky product of slot 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Admit it Chris, as soon as you got that confounded Twix, you were simultaneously bummed that you didn't get to eat yucky Skittles and happily thinking about the awesome Chit Chat thread you could post about the incident laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thommy8 wrote:
Admit it Chris, as soon as you got that confounded Twix, you were simultaneously bummed that you didn't get to eat yucky Skittles and happily thinking about the awesome Chit Chat thread you could post about the incident laugh

I was bummed, and I've thought about posting this thread in the past, but never remembered it when I got back from taking a break, but this time. I was particularly bummed, probably because not only did I get a Twix instead of Skittles. But I also didn't get to drink Diet Coke because it was sold out.

I suppose this is another rant, but our Drink Vending Machine doesn't have a sold out light on the drinks. Instead, if you want to check whether or not something is sold out, you hit the button of the drink you want, and it says the price, or it says sold out on it. There is no visual indication of whether or not a drink is 'in stock' without pushing this button.

But most of the time, I put the money in before I push the button, then hit Diet Coke and become sad when it then tells me it's sold out.

Sadly at this stage of the buying process, pressing coin return will not work if you've paid in coins. If you've paid in a dollar bill, it will. So you have to make another selection. Thus leading me to drink an inferior diet pepsi instead. Since that one is never sold out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hopefully becoming a restaurant owner soon! Peter Melanson
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:
What is the fracking point of having a '10' button on a Vending Machine. Cmon Vending Machine Manufacturers, I wanted Skittles. Not Twix. I hate Twix! But since you put the Skittles in slot 10 of Row E, and I went to push E+1+0, you assume I wanted the Twix Bar in Slot 1, without waiting for me to push the zero button.

This is not the first time you've pushed your inferior products at me as well. Perhaps we can always put the skittles in a better slot from now on?

Oh I can see next year's bobmess now. A 100lb crate of Twix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Silly Rabbit, Twix are for kids...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't you get Smarties? I feel so sorry for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
Can't you get Smarties? I feel so sorry for you.
No we can't get those in the States and it sucks. I have to get mine from Canada or specialty English/Irish import shops. In fact, in the States, Smarties are a totally different candy, these:

Not the deliciousness that is these:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
Only 6 months until the next round.
badge
A little lower and to the left, please.
spearjr wrote:
No we can't get those in the States and it sucks. I have to get mine from Canada...in the States, Smarties are a totally different candy, these:

Oddly, those Smarties are made in Canada.

renegaderebel wrote:
Mitch Hedberg wrote:

May I recommend a microbadge? mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to know, What's the difference in a Smartie and an M&M? Because they look the same to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
M&Ms are chocloate.

Smarties are pure sugar (and coloring and flavoring)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowen wrote:
M&Ms are chocloate.

?!? Not from the description. It says a Smartie is candy covered chocolate.

They even had to get rid of the blue ones for a while because of problems with the dye? Umm, sound familiar?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:
I have to know, What's the difference in a Smartie and an M&M? Because they look the same to me.
A slight difference in taste. Also the candy shell on the Smarties is a bit thicker and as such harder. Some people will like M&Ms better, others Smarties. (Also Smarties are more pastel in color than M&Ms.) I don't have any M&Ms in the house right now to compare the two. (I got some Smarties for Christmas from my folks.)

*edit* Found a comparison online: http://www.typetive.com/candyblog/item/head_to_head_smarties...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SybotCB wrote:
Shadowen wrote:
M&Ms are chocloate.

?!? Not from the description. It says a Smartie is candy covered chocolate.

They even had to get rid of the blue ones for a while because of problems with the dye? Umm, sound familiar?

Well, then there are two different smarties out there in the world. The ones I know are just like a little colored sugar pill.

http://www.smarties.com/index.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.