Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Dickson
United States
National City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the hussars removed after each turn? In other words, if I place a husssar legally, and on the Austria phase move my general away, so that he is further than four away, can I choose to leave the hussar or must I move him to make him "legal?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
bombcar wrote:
Are the hussars removed after each turn? In other words, if I place a husssar legally, and on the Austria phase move my general away, so that he is further than four away, can I choose to leave the hussar or must I move him to make him "legal?"

The rules say: "If a hussar is still on the board (from a previous turn), Austria may leave him where he is, or may re-place him."

So, you can leave the hussar there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE REVENGE OF THE GOLDFISH
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the start of every round you have the right to reposition your hussars,keeping in mind the"four cities"rule.
In our sessions at the start of Austria turn we remove them because they have no meaning to be on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Beckey
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Friedrich wrote:
At the start of every round you have the right to reposition your hussars,keeping in mind the"four cities"rule.
In our sessions at the start of Austria turn we remove them because they have no meaning to be on the board.

If you like the current location of the Hussars, you may not be able to place them in the exact same location during the next Hussar phase. This situation can occur if your Austrian generals move more than four cities away from their current location. Therefore, I would keep the Hussars on the board... just in case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Roger and Kevin are correct!

The procedure of Kosmas is not correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Dickson
United States
National City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! It's a subtle but important difference as it may encourage someone to move onto the hussar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Luta
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always place the Hussars as Austria, even on turn 1 when it does not accomplish anything directly, because it allows some flexibility in terms of being able to withdraw a general out of attack range and still potentially cause the enemy trouble later. If kept off the main roads when the enemy is far away, they are very inconvenient to move across, and if the enemy spends a turn stomping on them, or even unstacks to have one general remove them from the board that turn, they have then accomplished something!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE REVENGE OF THE GOLDFISH
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So if in turn 1 i put my hussars legally(4 cities rule)and in turn 2 they are out of range from a n Austrian general and i want to leave them in the same space there's no problem?
I had the idea that you always MUST have them in 4 cities distance.
Sorry blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Johansson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GG and all I got was this lousy overtext!
badge
I spent 200 GG and all I got was this lousy overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
Friedrich wrote:
So if in turn 1 i put my hussars legally(4 cities rule)and in turn 2 they are out of range from a n Austrian general and i want to leave them in the same space there's no problem?

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.