Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nigel Wood
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone confirm my interpretation of the rules about when a newborn consumes only 1 Food? The rules appear to say that the newborn would consume 1 Food only if born in the last round before a harvest, e.g. rounds 9, 11, 13 or 14. Therefore, if born during any other round it would always consume 2 Food.

I only have a nagging doubt because of the wording: "Offspring that were born during the current round only consume 1 food for this round, but will require 2 Food in future harvests" I wonder if the author's intent was for the newborn to consume only 1 Food at its first harvest, no matter when it was born during that Stage.

Of course offspring born in anything other than the last round of a Stage will have already been sent out to work before their first harvest, so maybe that is why they don't qualify as newborn!

I would be intersted to hear any other views.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Rathgeb
Germany
Erbach
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
German rules state: You have to feed newborn with only 1 food only if they were born in turns directly before harvest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you took the Family Growth Action in a harvest round, the new disc (newborn) only needs 1 food. From that point forward is always 2 food, no matter what.

A newborn is a disc that hasn't took any actions yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ragsdale
United States
Allen
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always play it as that the newborn has to be born during the last round before the harvest phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Detsky
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Your assumption about the rule is correct. The quote is a little confusing because of the use of "only consume 1 food for this round". Since you only have to feed your family during harvests, this quote can only refer to the last round before a harvest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Detsky
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Your assumption about the rule is correct. The quote is a little confusing because of the use of "only consume 1 food for this round". Since you only have to feed your family during harvests, this quote can only refer to the last round before a harvest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Giroir
United States
Mission Viejo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zinho73 wrote:
A newborn is a disc that hasn't took any actions yet.

That's what I say when people I'm explaining the game to get a little confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Wood
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, everyone, for your comments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.